Bozeman area riding- Mtbr.com
    jones'in

Bozeman area riding

Hey folks,
    Just looking to get some trail updates from those of you out riding already.

Here are a few updates of my own:

Painted Hills trail and trail system near hospital:
    I rode this on Sunday and the Painted Hills trail was mostly rideable. Some mud in spots, but workable.

Kelley Canyon road:
    Rode about 6 miles up the gravel on Tuesday night and it was pretty good. It's a gravel road, so it's pretty well maintained.

Sypes Canyon:
    Rode up Sypes last night (Wednesday night) and I was only able to make it about 3/4 of a mile up from the trailhead before I ran into 4-6 inches of slush in the trees that I didn't feel like pedaling through. The very bottom section was super muddy. The big rocky climb about 1/4 of a mile in was dry and in good shape.

What else is rideable right now?

--Ben
    Last edited by venom600; 04-12-2007 at 11:28 PM.

BMX:Our Shining Future

watch out for story hills

anyone that rides story hills watch out for some rotten ***** with a cowboy hat and dogs she sicks her german shepard on bicycle riders and then calls the cops of her cell phone when they complain.

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    anyone that rides story hills watch out for some rotten ***** with a cowboy hat and dogs she sicks her german shepard on bicycle riders and then calls the cops of her cell phone when they complain.
    Thanks for the heads up, good to know. How are the conditions otherwise?
    Last edited by venom600; 04-12-2007 at 11:26 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I don't know of anything clear outside of town, but I did ride Story Hills the other day and that was clear. Hopefully when I get back from Moab in a week or two things will be looking better!

SamIAm
    i dunno about trails, but the bmx track is dry and ready to go.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

jones'in
    I drove up Hyalite on Saturday and the road up Langhor was pretty slushy and super muddy. I went up there with the intention of riding back down w/ my buddy driving my truck. Conditions were so bad I decided not to ride. Might be another week or three before trails up Hyalite are rideable....

mtbr member
    I don't count on riding any Bozy area trails until Sypes is dry - sometime in June usually.

If Sypes isn't rideable it's usually a safe bet that nothing else nearby is either. Especially the higher elevation trails that are in the trees.

Try Pipestone, or Lewis and Clark Caverns this time of year. They're riding good.

Members who have read this thread: 0