boise shops that let you try out bikes- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

boise shops that let you try out bikes

I posted before about moving to boise in a year from the midwest. have been riding a hardtail and want to switch to either full susp XC or one of the lighter all mountain rides. Would like to get a bike soon but might weight since i don't really know which will better suit me on the trails there. also none of the shops where i live let you test bikes other than in the parking lot which is worthless. How are the shops out there for letting you try before you buy? this might make it worth the wait.

mtbr member
    most of the shops in boise have a demo program (pay for the demo)...and you can put that fee towards a bike purchase at that shop. just narrow it down to a couple different makes/models...try it out on a demo..and you'll be good to go.

Hoops - Big and Small
    Haro demo in a box program

http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/newstory.php?id=112006-1

Call Bobs to see if they are still a Haro dealer

Bob's Bicycles
    (208)-322-8042

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    at george's we have fisher hi-fi's, stumpjumper fsr's, epics, and cannondale rush's for demo for $40, and that goes to your bike purchase

Hoops - Big and Small
    No Hecklers or Nomads?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aj_gilbs
    at george's we have fisher hi-fi's, stumpjumper fsr's, epics, and cannondale rush's for demo for $40, and that goes to your bike purchase
    I demoed a HiFi, Epic, and Rush from Georges earlier this year. Good stuff.

I don't think Georges demo's any of the Santa Cruz's. They didn't awhile back anyway. I would be tempted to take a Nomad for a spin.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    nah, unfortunately we don't have demo santa cruz, because we just started carrying them this year, and we only have superlights and blurs, we sold the only nomad we had.

Steel is Real
    Aj do you build bikes at geaorges? Because i am demo-ing a Gf supercal and it isn't built so well, Chain slack, i had to adjust the front drlr-moving to far in and over shifting. and the bolts on the rear rotor were actually loose.
    Not trying to compain, because im a Georges patron and love the place . just thoght i'd ask.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    no, I don't build bikes, i'm on the sales floor,a nd I actuallly remember that going out. Umm, it may just not have been looked overtoo well, Sorry about that. It may not have been checked out before we gave it too you.

Steel is Real
    You've probably seen me before, Tall red-headed kid. And it was sent over from the warehouse and only the shock was set for my weight and some new shimano pedals were put on. again im not trying to complain, nothing i couldn't fix myself, just thought it should be brought to the shops attention. thanks again.

Members who have read this thread: 0