Boise - Mary/Mungo/H-bar- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Boise - Mary/Mungo/H-bar

I'm looking to order a new bar for my SS 29er, and I'm interested in a Mary, Mungo, or possibly a Titec H bar. Does anyone in Boise have these bars that I could check out? No local shops carry them.

thx, Eric
    Idaho

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Were that be you standing on the freeway at the Kestral junction holding a Ramble Tamble at about 715 last night?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yes sir. Waiting for my wife . She doesn't have any tattoos.

I'm tired of the flat bar. Just about to order a Mary bar from Pricepoint, but it would be nice to see one first.
    Idaho

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I've got Marys on a 1x1 and a Monkey. I swear by em but some people can't stand em. They're great when you like to stand up and hammer. I'd be happy to let you have a look see. PM me if you're interested.

Boise
    The shop in Hyde Park I believe carries the H-Bar and Mary

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Really? That's one shop I didn't call. Last time I was there, Jim seemed to have switched over to cruiser/commuter bikes.
    Idaho

Boise
    Yep...I was in a couple of weeks ago looking at just the bars you mention.....

dirt enthusiast

george has mary

georges on fairview has a mary bar in stock, no h bar though. 208-884-3115
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Got mine from George's. It cost less than online...and I got to install it the same day. Though, I still like my titanium handlebar.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Got mine from George's. It cost less than online...and I got to install it the same day. Though, I still like my titanium handlebar.
    Bah. Titanium is fer sissies.

What's your shampoo. Prell?

Or some girly sh!t from a salon?

Same difference, Curly Fry.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Like a little kid, I couldn't wait, and I ordered a Mary from Pricepoint along with a few other doodads. That was before I read the thread on the broken Mary bar
    Idaho

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    Like a little kid, I couldn't wait, and I ordered a Mary from Pricepoint along with a few other doodads. That was before I read the thread on the broken Mary bar
    I have a Mary on my singlespeed as well. I love them but I did initially have trouble with my grips slipping off. Not fun when you're out of the saddle hammering up a hill. It's nothing a cheap pair of lock-ons doesn't fix though. That's something you might want to consider if you haven't already.
    "The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    ya know yer avatar looks normal to me. go figure. and btw i use the moisture treatment for my chamois.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Visicypher: You are such a card. I may have flab under my arms like an old lady. But you need to be dealt with.

As for the Mary setup, angle them down at about 0.5 degrees. I use Salsa Pepperjacks. Treat the bar and grip with rubbing alcohol before sliding the grips on, wait 12 hours and Funiculý, FuniculÓ - no grip slip. Ever.

As for the Mary breaking thread, that was posted by some pagan miscreant who ate too much Whiney for breakfast. All of us haven't used a bike bit in their life that some bruno hasn't bent or broken. Everything except a 1x1 frame. Those will outlive the cockroaches.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've run the new Mary bar on a couple of rides, and I really like it a lot.
    Idaho

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i rode the mary's for a year and absolutely loved the bar! the reason i don't run them anymore is because about a month ago the right side snapped off mid downhill and i went down hard!! keep an eye on the bars right next to the stem. that is where mine snapped. the other side had stress fractures starting. i'm 215lbs and ride a rigid karate monkey. just something to keep an eye on. i love the bars and they are releasing a chromoly version soon if you don't care about weight. the company is great and the bars are comfy but be careful.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a Midge bar in storage, and it has an impression from the stem being overtightened. There is no room for error with on-one's handlebars. My bike is a hardtail, which probably reduces the forces on the handlebar, but I'll keep an eye on it.
    Idaho

Members who have read this thread: 0