bogus/tamarack freeride?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

bogus/tamarack freeride?

Does anyone have any pictures of these areas? I have been hearing alot about tamarack and am thinking of making the drive from Salt Lake to come ride there. Is the dirt jump park at tamarack any good? Is the bogus trail on the resort or is it on private land? Anybody up there want to show a few of us utards around? We are thinking of coming up in the next couple of weeks. Is it worth the drive? Also does anyone one have any photos of the jackson hole freeride trails? the ones built by the teton freeriders? Any info would be appreciated..

I would love to take some photos of anyone willing to show us around..

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

bogus

ok so bogus isn't a freeride park. if you come up on August 11 you can go up to Bogus and ride for the day for $10. they are having this event to help open new XC trails (screw that build downhill or freeride) but ya. Tamarack is good. they re constructed their jump park. they build the wall ride a little bigger. have some pretty sweet jumps. Right now they just build another intermediate and a double black trail. check out their website tamarackidaho.com

i think its worth the ride. i would be happy to ride around with u guys. but i don't think my parents would let me considering im 16. so yah try to come up on august 11 or if you cant. tamarack is always open thursday thru friday.

They are also having a downhill race at bogus on the 15 and 16 of september.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Give us a year or two

Having ridden a lot in the Salt Lake area including Deer Valley and some of the 5k foot shuttles, I would say that your area is ahead of ours for biking by a pretty decent margin if gravity is your thing. Tamarack is fun but pretty mellow really, I would show you around the Bogus trails but they are private property trails only, no lift access and rider built and maintained. The freeride trail will NOT be open for Trailpalooza so please do not come up planning on hitting it.

If you are coming to Boise, bring your bike but I would hold off on making it a biking destination.

Jackson Hole has some good stuff and is amazing scenery. You can't go wrong making a weekend trip there.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    not sure when or if you were going to Tamarack but I'm going again on Saturday contingent on my rig being fixed. If you DO go, I would say it's worth it if you can stay around and enjoy the area for a few days. I have not seen the freeride park, but there are some wall rides in turn on the DH runs. Let me know if you think you might go - it would be cool to meet some folks from SLC and ride all day.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    not sure when or if you were going to Tamarack but I'm going again on Saturday contingent on my rig being fixed. If you DO go, I would say it's worth it if you can stay around and enjoy the area for a few days. I have not seen the freeride park, but there are some wall rides in turn on the DH runs. Let me know if you think you might go - it would be cool to meet some folks from SLC and ride all day.
    Agreed by what the others have said. Tamarack is a lot of fun, definitely not Whistler or maybe what you already have in UT yet. But nonetheless a great time. Bring your big bike or your AM rig - either would be fine for every trail at Tamarack. And for $25, it's a bargain for riding from 10am - 5pm.

Also: Check www.spudhucksters.com for photos of the other stuff you asked about...

PM if you decide to make the trip up, I'll see if I can join you.

cp

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info everyone. I checked out the photos on spudhuckster, it looks like the Bogus trail has some pretty good stunts. Does anybody have any info on the Jackson Hole area freeride trails? Might be headed up that way this weekend.. I have heard they have some pretty big stuff up there... can any body confirm?

Also, the slc area isn't as developed as you think it is. sure deer valley is fun, but there is nothing there for "freeride" style riding.. everything we build keeps getting torn down. At least at tamarack it looks like you have small jumps/stunts.. that wallride looks pretty sick. I wish the resorts around here would get on board with the freeride movement..

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Jackson is good

Jackson Hole has big stuff, big jumps and lines that nobody cleans completely but many do in stages. Jackson is good, especially if you are into jumping.

The picks on Spudhucksters is of the Bogus trail which is not yet complete. You are welcome to ride what is done but its a push back up at this point, worth it for sure if you are in the area but there are no alternate lines or easy routes if you find it too much.

Tamarack is pretty tame. DH bike is overkill and the place is a dust bowl about now. If there is a good rain, it is a lot of fun for a couple days afterwards but again, not really a place I'd recommend for a biking destination. Think of it more as a flowy, small tabletop jump trail that a 6 in bike is very at home on. If that is your thing, you'll like it after a rain.

And yeah, not much for woodwork in SLC but the terrain itself has so much to offer. What about the new mountain in the Ogden area. Heard it was pretty fun. You have an opinion about it?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Cody, agreed on Tam from the viewpoint of your skill level, but i wasn't sure how to hit some of those tables at high speed because they kick, maybe preload and suck it up?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Jackson riding

Teton pass has a lot of fun stuff. The freeride trails built by the teton freedom riders have what people are saying- steep loose lines filled with jumps. Bring the dh bike if all you want to ride is lithium, jimmy's and parallel. These are pretty much straight shuttles. There are other good trails on the pass that are better on a am/freeride rig. Stop into Wilson Backcountry at the bottom of the pass for specific info.

Archie.

Oh yea- What are the 5k Shuttles like-worth the drive to SLC from Jackson.

Members who have read this thread: 1