Bogus Freeride Project- Mtbr.com
    aaarrrggghh!

Bogus Freeride Project

Come work on the Project this Saturday at 9 am. We are meeting at the main parking area and then we'll head up and get to work. All are welcome and appreciated.

let freedom ring!

Can you give a little more specifics

For those of us new to that area, where exactly is the main parking area? Will it be a hike to the working area or do we bring bikes and ride in? What tools if any would we need to bring? I will try to make it.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

aaarrrggghh!

Specifics

Quote Originally Posted by Get Lost
    For those of us new to that area, where exactly is the main parking area? Will it be a hike to the working area or do we bring bikes and ride in? What tools if any would we need to bring? I will try to make it.
    Ok....here is some more info

- Bring a hammer and/or trail building tool, ie-shovel, rake, pulaski
    - You can bring your bike, but you'll need to push it up there
    - The main parking area is just that, when you get up to the resort you'll be in the parking area and people will be there waiting before we all head up to the trail.
    - Bring lots of water, food, and work gloves.
    - Bring spare lumber if you have any. Any wood donations to the project are very welcome.
    - Have fun! That is a big requirement.

Hope that helps. Look forward to seeing folks up there.

Ian

Aug 2004
    Ian -- do you know what other days in the next month or two you will be working on this?

aaarrrggghh!

Personally....

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Ian -- do you know what other days in the next month or two you will be working on this?
    I'll probably be there every weekend until the snow flies. I desperately want to get this thing off the ground before winter.

mtbr member
    ian..couple of questions. i plan to come up and help sometime..but i'll be out of town this weekend. if you can, make sure you remind us on here.

here are my questions. i know you mentioned the log/skinny that would be built beside the step up/down stuff you posted earlier. are y'all planning to build a fair amount of beginner stuff.

to be totally honest..i would never be able to bring myself to do the stunts you showed pictures of...but, some easier stuff would be fun for me (and others).

also, can you explain in type where this trail is located? will it be affected by skier/boarders? it looks like it's off of a cat track....is this stuff going to get destroyed by the cats and snow loads???? not that we get that much snow...

if i can bring my dogs and a cooler of beer...i'll be up there to drive in some nails..

cary

just a man

More questions

What kind of lumber would be best, 2X4's? 2X6's? Any specific length? Should I bring my Ryobi battery-powered saw(s)?

I can work from 9am-to about noon I think (my son's got his first football game in Meridian).

King of the Barneys
    Hey, Pumpin4x, if you wanna grab some lumber from the south side of my house on your way up there, feel free. I'll be gone Saturday but would love to help some other time.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

just a man
    Wow, cool I just may do that. I like the new name, very apropos.

aaarrrggghh!

Saws are good.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    What kind of lumber would be best, 2X4's? 2X6's? Any specific length? Should I bring my Ryobi battery-powered saw(s)?

I can work from 9am-to about noon I think (my son's got his first football game in Meridian).
    Feel free to bring your power tools. ANY and ALL lumber will be helpful. I hope that once we see who shows up we can break up into teams and each group can work on a project, i.e. skinnies. Basically, we are going to link up skinnies stump to stump. This lets everyone have a chance to ride skinnies without them being really far off the ground. It also makes the trail feel like it lasts forever because of all the cool slow tech features. I think with different folks coming into the Project the creativity will flourish, which always makes for an awesome trail. Each person contributes ideas as well as sweat and the end result is always cool. I have high hopes for this weekend and the trail in general.

Ian

King of the Barneys
    Wow, cool I just may do that. I like the new name, very apropos.
    Also, if the womenfolk will let you into the garage, feel free to grab the drill, extra battery, tool belt with screws, hammer, some beers , etc, whatever looks appropriate for the day.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Jan 2005
    I would love to come up and help, but for the next few weekends, I'm going to be busy with one thing or another...
    This weekend is a designated pumptrack time because I'm taking delivery on dirt, and next weekend is the Salmon race, but from there on out, I should be free, so I'll let you know if I can help...

Jan 2005
    I have 2 4x6 sheets of plywood if you want them... Free for the taking...

mtnjam

few ideas

Ian,

Here's a few ideas for some projects if you want. Found this on nsmb.com...

https://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/Nolin_2006/

I'm gonna be around this weekend, but my folks are in town and the following weekend Jen and I are off to Zion, but after that....I'm gonna be around. Got a neighbor with a dumpster full of wood from a kitchen remodel that I'm gonna see if they'll let me raid. There's also a stash of wood on the way up to Bogus (11.6 miles up) see https://forums.mtbr.com/idaho-montana-wyoming/volunteers-sought-remove-unauthorized-stunt-trail-215779.html

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    If you guys tear that down, plz plz take a lot of pictures of everyone helping out. I need the pics for a project.

Also, I suggest you meet up at the lower lodge at Bogus as the Hillclimb starts at 9am.

Anyone want to drive a brother and his red demons up there. I also have a few pieces lumber. I'd like to help and I also have to do more GPS work up there.

Oh, I really need pics of everyone working up there. Those kinda pics are all good for us.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    My apologies, thought I could make it with everyone else and forgot about a furniture delivery at 9-10 probably. Will still try and come up, then have a dinner and time at a friends from work in Emmett so we'll see.
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 09-07-2006 at 06:29 PM.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Anyone want to drive a brother and his red demons up there. I also have a few pieces lumber. I'd like to help and I also have to do more GPS work up there.
    Al - If I can get the amber alert van loaded up with lumber, tools, and gremlins, I think we could transport you and the pooches. The only thing you'd have to do is get a ride back down or leave with me at noon - I have to be in Meridian at 1:30 for my son's first football game and cannot be late.

Edit:

Ian - I've got some 2"X6"X10' - would it be better to bring them up whole or cut them down prior to coming up the hill? Or, I guess we could cut them up in the parking lot...lemme know please. Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I think I'm going to go up although don't have anything to offer except sweat (and a hammer)!

Hey your sons, Ethan/Joel, future football stars, BSU or USC?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I think I'm going to go up although don't have anything to offer except sweat (and a hammer)!

Hey your sons, Ethan/Joel, future football stars, BSU or USC?
    is that USC Gamecocks...i.e. the real USC...

or the other one down in la la land?

go cocks!

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur

go cocks!
    Uh no. I haven't seen them in a championship bowl game for, well..........forever!

mtbr member
    Uh no. I haven't seen them in a championship bowl game for, well..........forever!
    pac 10 sucks..

we're good at baseball...and we won the nit in basketball

football is improving..we've got spurrier...

just playin' with y'all though..SC (southern cal) has it rolling..

still, USC (university of south carolina) was founded before california was even a state...

just a man
    still, USC (university of south carolina) was founded before california was even a state...
    Go superchickens!

Rocks Rock
    See ya'll there I'll bring some screws and a screw gun. What will the traffic situation be? Will the road be closed for the Bogus Hill Climb?
    Am I being kind?

Jan 2005
    So Ian, would you like my 2 sheets of 4x6 plywood? You can have them...

aaarrrggghh!

Thanks but.....

Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    So Ian, would you like my 2 sheets of 4x6 plywood? You can have them...
    No thanks. I don't see a place where we can use them right now. Put them to good use on your pump track.

aaarrrggghh!

Bring em whole......

Ian - I've got some 2"X6"X10' - would it be better to bring them up whole or cut them down prior to coming up the hill? Or, I guess we could cut them up in the parking lot...lemme know please. Thanks
    Bring them in one piece if you can manage. Those would be super valuable. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you up there. Visi, I can bring you back down, dogs and all, at the end of the day if you don't mind.

Ian

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    No thanks. I don't see a place where we can use them right now. Put them to good use on your pump track.
    Will do.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it up and help you out before the fluffy stuff falls...

Trevor

just a man
    What a great group of workers out there today, everybody was super cool and having a lot of fun. The teamwork and construction made this a great morning, thanks to Ian for organizing. I can't wait to ride it

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Sunday Sessions

Spending the day working it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

just a man
    Looking forward to seeing more of these.....

Is it flowing pretty well down from the skinnies? I'd either have to sack up really good and/or get a bike with more squish to hit that drop to step-up-platform-step-down. Looks like you've really gotta time that step up to the platform otherwise you could shoot the moon, no?

Barneys Unite!

Lumber

Hey, Ian. I have a bunch of lumbar (2x6, 2x8, 2x4) that you guys can have if you need it. Most of it is from an old deck, so there are 8 to 10 foot boards. PM me if you're interested.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    uhhh, ummm, that looks intimidating to me.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

go cocks!
    Cinnoman monkey went to Oregon State and U. South Carolina. I suppose that means he's a beaver and a cock. Go hermaphrodites!

Rocks Rock

Saturdays progress

A few shots around 11:00 or 11:30 am.
    Am I being kind?

Rocks Rock

Saturdays progress

A couple from 2:00 or 2:30 pm
    Am I being kind?

Jan 2005
    Just curious as to what will happen when the snow falls...

Will you guys remove the features or just hope they survive the winter decently?

just a man
    I think Ian says there will be sections that will be unscrewed and placed to the side.

Rocks Rock

Saturdays progress

3:00 or 3:30
    Am I being kind?

just a man
    That's looking really nice. Thanks for posting Dave.

mtbr member
    One way I may be able to help is if you provide a cut list, I can see if I can provide cut lumber. My time is limited for driving up to bogus but say if you need 100 2"x4"x10", if I can scrounge it, I can spend a session with a stop block on the TS and cut away. I can then bring the cut lumber by someone's house that will be going up the hill.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Aug 2004
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as AlliKat....limited weekend availability for the next couple of months (THANK YOU REI ), but still would like to help in some way. AlliKat if you would like some assistance and our schedules mesh...I can help you out with that project.

Members who have read this thread: 0