Bogus to Boise video- Mtbr.com
    just a man

Bogus to Boise video

If this was already posted earlier, my apologies!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...n+biking&hl=en

Freakin dusty!

Hi!!!
    Good find Holy Roller!

I forgot it was a Le Mans style start.

I may have to man up next year and do this!

mtbr member
    awesome. so far. still waiting for the complete buffer/download.

Hoops - Big and Small

Bonzai!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    If this was already posted earlier, my apologies!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...n+biking&hl=en

Freakin dusty!
    Watching the vid the rider seemed to be passing and not being passed, to much anyway, pretty strong rider!

The dust seemed much worse person but that may be cause I started in the back of the LeMans start.

This is actually a fun ride if you don't mind doing the shuttle thing - Thanks for posting this Big Guy.

just a man
    I might have to get out there next year and compete...I can probably setup the Coiler for this one.

I reviewed the results for the race and this guy finished #3 in his category and age group, not sure if he posts here on this board.

mtbr member
    pretty good soundtrack too. he was hauling ass...and yeah..he did seem to be strong on the climbs.

he shouldn't have been so nice to that tamarack dude at the end...shoulda kept the hammer down...

prolly woulda given him second place in his cat.

i wouldn't mind doing this race either...but, i'd be a little skeeered.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Reminder.....you must climb from the top of Dry Creek to the intersection at Eagleson Summit. I think it is about a 500ft climb. It may be more.

You can always join me when I do that ride. I'll be on that route on a regular basis starting in May, if the Ridge Road is clear.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    The Citizen Kane of Bogus to Bonzai flicks.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

Times?

One must wonder about the "official" times when the two guys on video are separated by mere feet and their times are nearly a minute and a half different!
    Paul Flemming 48:51
    Eric Dennig 50:23

Must be the altitude!
    BoiseBoy

mtbr platinum member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    One must wonder about the "official" times when the two guys on video are separated by mere feet and their times are nearly a minute and a half different!
    Paul Flemming 48:51
    Eric Dennig 50:23

Must be the altitude!
    Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I have a feeling that the placing occured via radio at the top of the road near camelsback and the timing happened at the Co-Op.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

slownfat
    yeah, nice vid. makes me almost want to "un"-retire and come back to racing...almost. instead, maybe i should post some of our brundage helmet cam action. i like this guys' soundtrack though. the only footage i have of the banzai is from '95 and it was pre-helmet cam. just a bunch of bad shots my dad took of me racing the widowmaker and crossing the finish at L13. which was about 40 pounds and 4" less travel ago.

but overall, it reminds me of the years i spent on that course, 'cept i was a lot slower on the eagleson summit climb! every year it was the same thing for me...start out from the top in the top 5 riders, get passed at eagleson by about 20 riders, pass them all back down 8th, finish in the top 5. if i had just learned to climb i would have won it a few times!

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerx40
    Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I have a feeling that the placing occured via radio at the top of the road near camelsback and the timing happened at the Co-Op.
    Nah, when I walked up to the finish line when the singlespeeders happen to just be heading down, they were setting up for the timing. It was two younger girls doing the timing.

And for those saying it was too dusty, I think that those XC riders first need to learn how brake and turn. They are all braking in the turn, and nearly all the turns you don't need to brake. But I forgive, the majority of XC riders don't know how to...
    Last edited by mtnbykr06; 12-29-2006 at 07:02 PM.
    '06 Specialized Demo 8 II * '10 Specialized Pitch Pro * '09 Haro Steel Reserve * '70's Guerciotti SS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbykr06
    Nah, when I walked up to the finish line when the singlespeeders happen to just be heading down, they were setting up for the timing. It was two younger girls doing the timing.

And for those saying it was too dusty, I think that those XC riders first need to learn how brake and turn. They are all braking in the turn, and nearly all the turns you don't need to brake. But I forgive, the majority of XC riders don't know how to...
    you're awesome...xtreme one....teach us how to ride...how was your jr/sr prom?..
    Last edited by garnetspur; 12-29-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    you're awesome...xtreme one....teach us how to ride...how was your jr/sr prom?..
    Actually I choose not go, it is a waste spending that much money on one person in hopes to get laid, and for some it never really happens. But seriously, I didn't know how to brake myself until I started riding downhill, and I also realized that you don't have to take off your inside foot just to turn, like darn near everyone on that video, even if you start to slide-out/drift.
    '06 Specialized Demo 8 II * '10 Specialized Pitch Pro * '09 Haro Steel Reserve * '70's Guerciotti SS

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by pstar
    yeah, nice vid. makes me almost want to "un"-retire and come back to racing...almost. instead, maybe i should post some of our brundage helmet cam action. i like this guys' soundtrack though. the only footage i have of the banzai is from '95 and it was pre-helmet cam. just a bunch of bad shots my dad took of me racing the widowmaker and crossing the finish at L13. which was about 40 pounds and 4" less travel ago.

but overall, it reminds me of the years i spent on that course, 'cept i was a lot slower on the eagleson summit climb! every year it was the same thing for me...start out from the top in the top 5 riders, get passed at eagleson by about 20 riders, pass them all back down 8th, finish in the top 5. if i had just learned to climb i would have won it a few times!
    Un-retire is the battle cry MM. Anyone else on here got more ID State DH Championships/victories than you do? I don't think so.....

TERVOR THE GREAT
    5:28 is the first point I get off and push. You get to see me!!! What an awesome race! I led up until the first uphil when I realized that my early sprint doesn't do much good in the long run.

What a fun race!
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    5:28 is the first point I get off and push. You get to see me!!! What an awesome race! I led up until the first uphil when I realized that my early sprint doesn't do much good in the long run.

What a fun race!
    Yeah, and you can see Tully at about 2:30 and Kenne right after you, yet I think that don't think that anyone really cares.
    You get to see me!!!
    Why do you put yourself up on a pedestal??

just a man

Please

One thread of bantering is more than enough - two is retarded. Take it offline.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    First off, in the other thread, I hate Trevor (DelTaco) a does the entire Dh/Fr community. For some reason, he seems to fit in here w/ the XC geeks quite well. Second, I was just making a point on this thread. I feel that if the general XC rider would be more open to his riding, more like say Darren/Lorien Lightfield, and rode more than just XC, say DH, FR, and so forth, they could be a much better rider.
    Last edited by mtnbykr06; 12-30-2006 at 06:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    leave it a pinkbike. no one here wants to read it.

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Obviously no-one but rigid SS XC geeks are welcome here. I'm sorry...I will just stick to the friendly sections of the forums, and my own region. I have my own opinion, and yet no-one wants it.
    Last edited by mtnbykr06; 12-30-2006 at 07:07 PM.

mtbr member

Que Bueno!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbykr06
    First off, in the other thread, I hate Trevor (DelTaco) along w/ the entire Dh/Fr community. For some reason, he seems to fit in here w/ the XC geeks quite well. Second, I was just making a point on this thread. I feel that if the general XC rider would be more open to his riding, more like say Darren/Lorien Lightfield, and rode more than just XC, say DH, FR, and so forth, they could be a much better rider.

Good job little grasshopper you have just managed to piss off every type of rider in Boise!
    Am I a bit lost when you say that you hate the entire DH / FR community, however YOU are a part of that community? Youngster, you must love yourself before you can love somebody else!
    That is just a bit of advice from one of us XC "Geeks"

Flame on gentlemen!
    BoiseBoy

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Oh, I am sorry. I guess I will have to change my original post, because we have a large amount of close minded people on this forum

I hate Trevor (DelTaco) along w/ the entire Dh/Fr community.
    Means that I hate Trevor (DelTaco), and I am part of the entire DH/FR community that does as well. And I have now made the correction to the original post...just to make you happy.

And really you can flame me all that I want, because really I don't really care. And when I say XC Geeks, it is not a derogatory term, yet it is a general term for XC riders. Us Dh'rs maybe freaks, nerds, SOB's, whatever. The term "geek" is used everyday by the websites, magazines, companies, and advertisements that we all know, love, and read.

Fighting on the internet is like racing in the special olympics, even if you win, your still retarted.
    Last edited by mtnbykr06; 12-30-2006 at 06:29 PM.

just a man
    I was simply asking you to take any personal beefs with Taco offline (email, phone, PM, whatever) - it doesn't mean "we like Trevor and hate you" - it just meant this board isn't for flaming. If you've got mtb stuff to talk about that is totally cool. Trying to label people on this board (ex.:"left-wing conservative christian" - that comment confused me) is pretty dangerous.

It's not about being a XC'er/DH'er/FR'er - most of the folks I ride with here do a little of all of those. It's about being a mountain biker. Pigeon-holing folks like that is a bad practice to get into. I've got years of experience to speak from, trust me.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Oudejaarsavond of Oudejaarsdag (ook wel: Silvester of Silvesteravond naar de heilige paus Silvester) wordt jaarlijks gevierd op de avond van de laatste dag van het jaar, 31 december. Na middernacht wordt er vuurwerk afgestoken; de Chinezen geloofden dat ze de geesten hiermee zouden wegjagen.

In Nederland is het traditie om oudejaarsavond met familie en vrienden te vieren, waarbij oliebollen en/of appelflappen worden gegeten. Inmiddels is de oudejaarsconference, die op de televisie wordt uitgezonden, ook een Nederlandse traditie geworden. In Duitsland en enkele andere landen is de sketch Dinner for One een traditioneel onderdeel van de televisieprogrammering op deze avond. Om klokslag 12 uur begint het nieuwe jaar, er wordt dan ter viering van het nieuwe jaar op grote schaal vuurwerk afgestoken en champagne gedronken. Een alternatief voor vuurwerk is carbid; het carbidschieten is vooral in het noorden en oosten van Nederland in gebruik. Oudejaarsdag is een oorspronkelijk christelijke dag om het nieuwe jaar in te luiden volgens de christelijke kalender.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Twisted - That made me hungry. Do you have a recipe for that??? And do you mind posting in tagalog?

Odd, I've know D-light for 10 yrs. Probably longer....

Why can't people play nice??? At the least, they should make pastries. Light, fluffy ones with lots of sugar...cause riding makes me hungry.

Demon Overloard Over and Out....
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

My mom makes killer oliebollen. It'll change your life

--Ingredients
    1 lemon
    1 sour apple*
    500g flour
    75g raisins*
    1/2 litre milk
    20-25g fresh yeast (or one small package which is approx. 7g)
    50g chopped candied peel*
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon

--Preparation

-Wash the lemon, dry it, and grate the peel. Chop the lemon in half and squeeze the juice in a glass. -Peel the apple, chop it in 4 pieces, remove the core. Cut the 4 parts into tiny little pieces, put them in a bowl and mix them with the lemon juice.
    -Wash the raisins, and let them dry out.
    -Heat the milk in a saucepan until it's tepid.(max 40C, so don't let it boil!)
    -Crumble the fresh yeast, mix it with the sugar and 1dl (100ml!) tepid milk in a bowl, and stir until it's a nice smooth mixture.
    -Mix the flower with the salt in a big bowl. Make a little hole in the centre, and pour the yeast mixture into it. After that add the (tepid)milk that is left into the same hole. Mix it with a hand blender or a spoon until it's a nice smooth mixture.
    -Mix the grated lemon peel, the apple pieces (with the lemon juice), the raisins, the chopped candied peel and the cinnamon into the mixture.
    -Cover the bowl with some foil and let the batter stand (rise) for about an hour on warm spot.

-Heat the deep-frying fat until it reaches 180C. Now, you can do the next step with a soup spoon (a deep big one). Stick the spoon in the heated fat for a couple of seconds; this will prevent the batter from sticking to the spoon. Use the spoon just as you would use it to serve soup. Make sure the spoon is filled with the batter, and carefully dip it into the oil/fat. Repeat this, but don't have more than 4 of them into the oil at the same time (this also depends on the size of your pan). Fry the 'oliebollen' for about 8-10 minutes until they are nice gold brownish.(rotate the them with a fork after 4 minutes, so the whole thing gets fried equally).

(-Repeat this step until the all of the batter is used.)

-Let the 'oliebollen' dry out on some kitchen paper before you serve them. Arrange them on a nice dish and don't forget the powdered sugar!

Walang bayad ang paggamit ng saling ito ng diksiyunaryong sweko at pilipino na nasa-internet. Kung kailangan ninyo ng kopya nito sa porma ng aklat, dapat ninyong tawagan o sulatan ang awtor upang malaman ang presyo.

blet drive
    that was a sick vid
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

Members who have read this thread: 0