Bogus Basin Plans First Summit Fest on the Mountain- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Smile Bogus Basin Plans First Summit Fest on the Mountain

Please see the press release below from Bogus Basin. Trailpalooza has been cancelled/postponed, but Bogus Basin will still have their lifts running on Saturday, August 9th for the enjoyment of cyclists. Please show them your support of the great efforts they made towards creating a wonderful network of trails.

Calling all mountain bikers, hill hikers and hamburger eaters! You are invited to Bogus Basinís first Summit Fest on The Mountain, Saturday, August 9th / 10am-5pm, brought to you by Magic 93.1 and Key Bank. Come experience Bogus Basin in the summer while riding or hiking the trails. A day-long party is planned with food, music and representation from Treasure Valley bike shops. Bike and helmet rentals will be available on the mountain as well. Riders and hikers with all skill levels are encouraged to come enjoy this event. There are (free) beginner trails near Frontier Point Nordic Lodge. The more advanced trails will be serviced by the Deer Point chairlift (10am-4pm) and guests may purchase lift tickets.
    All mountain bike riders are required to wear helmets. All chairlift riders must sign a waiver* before loading the chairlift. Riders 17 years of age and younger must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver.

Who: Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area
    What: Summit Fest, a (MOUNTAIN) bikiní (TRAIL) hikiní (BURGER) eatiní EVENT!
    Where: Frontier Point and Deer Point chairlift and base area at BBMRA
    When: Saturday, August 9th / 10am-5pm (Deer Point will run until 4pm)
    Why: Celebrate summer with mountain biking, hiking and scenic chairlift rides!
    Cost: $10 all day lift ticket or $5 for a single ride
    (Proceeds will benefit the trail systems at Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area.)
    Waivers can be downloaded from www.bogusbasin.org or obtained at the mountain on Aug. 9th. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from 10am-5pm (BBQ burgers, beer, sodas, water) and there will be music on the main stage from 10am-5pm.
    Bogus Basin would like to thank the following sponsors: Magic 93.1, KEY BANK, Nagel Beverage, Pepsi, PowerBar, Hayden Beverage and New Belgium.

Barneys Unite!

Reminder - Summit Fest is this Saturday

Just to bump this up.

TF

King of the Barneys
    I was up there this last Saturday, and it's still awesomely beautiful and the bike trails are amazing!
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Barneys Unite!

Are you gonna

come up this Saturday? Hodgee and I will be up there diligently volunteering for SWIMBA, R2R, and anyone else who looks like they need help.

King of the Barneys
    Yep, Will try to get there by noon, but considering how hard it is to get the rest of my household out the door on time for anything, who knows? But I'm love with Tempest up there.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hoops - Big and Small
    I talked to Dax http://www.trekfactorydemo.com/regio...on_id=5&type=7 on monday and he is planning on bringing some freshly minted shuttle huck bikes for the youngins to test their skilz on Bogus with. This is a very unique opportunity as he is taking this brand new batch of bikes to CrankWorks BC the following week. If you fancy going downhill fast buy your ducket at the window and strap on your best armor because it's going to be a hoot.

See ya on the hill!

oh yeah, be very nice to Dax and he may show Boise some more love in the future.
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 08-06-2008 at 01:43 PM.

mtbr member
    wedding this weekend.......dammit.
    I've not been killed, only wounded...I'll just lie here a while and bleed, then rise again to fight another day.

blet drive
    any one got any picks
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

King of the Barneys

Yep,

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    any one got any picks
    I've got about half a dozen that I'll probably post to the Barneys later this week. Didn't help one bit that I dropped my camera going up the chair. Thank God we found it, and it still works.

THANKS TO SWIMBA and all its volunteers, and BOGUS, too, for putting this huge festival day on. We had a great time.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    It was nice to see you CBro and everyone else, too. It looked like everyone was having a good time.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

blet drive

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    I've got about half a dozen that I'll probably post to the Barneys later this week. Didn't help one bit that I dropped my camera going up the chair. Thank God we found it, and it still works.

THANKS TO SWIMBA and all its volunteers, and BOGUS, too, for putting this huge festival day on. We had a great time.
    thanks man..hope to make it next year
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

plays well with cows
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    any one got any picks
    i took a few that are posted on my mycase page

on a further note every weekend should be like this

King of the Barneys
    Great to see all you guys at the SWIMBA booth, too. Your Viszlas, Gary, Lua, Terry, Mark IrishB, and others I forget right now. By the time I got to your booth around noon, I got the very last Bogus trail map! Thanks to faithful Barney Sue for cleanup, and I saw a handful of other Barneys and BOMB'ers, too. Fred, Dave, finally saw the Dirt Dart again since he went all top cabin on us... et al...

What a great day, at least 20degs cooler than the valley. And I loved the bands. I think Melinda and I were the only ones up shaking it to the music. (You lose your inhibitions as you age, you know?) Our own little Woodstock.

The food was great, too! $2 hamburgers at 4pm were awesome.

Members who have read this thread: 0