Biker died in Bridger Canyon- Mtbr.com
    HotHB
    Apr 2007

Biker died in Bridger Canyon

I just heard about this last night. A 22 year old kid died on the Bangtail divide trail over the weekend. Head injury.

Really sad to hear, RIP.

Be careful out there guys.

jones'in
    Damn.

Mikey, was this in the paper or online? I've been out of town for almost a week and won't be back for a while, just wondering how I can find out more.....

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I think it was in yesterday's chronicle. It was on the news as well. No real details from what I heard.

gravity curmudgeon
    Wow. Someone mentioned this to me, but I didn't see the newspaper and haven't heard any details.

On many occasions I have thought about how little it would take for serious carnage while flying mach looney down some local trails, Bracket/Grassy/StoneCr included. Very sad to hear. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Article didn't have much info about the accident, outside the fact that the crash happend 3/4 mile or so from bracket creek...

I'm guessing he must've launched off of one of those sharp switchbacks near the end

HotHB
    Apr 2007
    http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu546_2

Thats my guess as well, there are a few that creep up on ya there if you don't know the trail.

Be safe, be smart, and wear your pads....

gravity curmudgeon
    On most trails around here there is no shortage of things you don't want to smack your head into at speed, helmet or not.

There are days when I wonder if we wouldn't all be better off going back to fully rigid bikes, narrow flat bars, skinny slippery tires, and lycra (just for the effect). Heck, even Pete's Hill could be fun ...

So hard to hear. Over the years I have seen many riders beat it hard coming down Grassy to Bracket Trail Head (or going back ending down at the highway). Fortunately never a serious injury, although some bikes have come out worse for wear. The flowy, fast nature of the trail, with minimal techy, is seductive for pushing it.

Very sad.

mtbr member
    Bummer. That sucks.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

fun lover
    next time someone is up there, they should set up a memorial

HotHB
    Apr 2007
    I agree about the trails around here. I think about it a lot...so many sharp things right off the trail...flying down at mach 3 can be dangerous, its part of the thrill i guess.

mtbr member
    Crazy! I rode Brackett Sunday afternoon. Passed a few dirtbikes on the way down, and when I got to the bottom I saw a truck full of bikes with 20-year olds in it. Maybe it was one of them? Sad.

beater
    A friend of mine emailed me this link on Tuesday AM:

Members who have read this thread: 0