bike swap website help!!!- Mtbr.com
    dirt enthusiast

New question here. bike swap website help!!!

is anyone else having difficulties with the boise bike swap website?! damn thing. i registered a couple of weeks ago and now it wont let me log in. its says that my username and password are not valid. when i was registering my items for sale, it wouldnt let me view them afterwards to edit either. i sent an email to their help people but who knows how long i'll be waiting for a reply! just wanted to see if anyone else out there was having a problem with this besides surly and i! i dont want them to take a higher percentage!! its already killing me as it is!

*if anyone knows someone who wants to buy a bike let me know! i'd sell it a lot cheaper outright than at the swap!

thanks!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

roar
    Hey Ang

I have no idea about the bike swap and how to list stuff, but I sold my Fuel through MTBR classifieds. I got lots of hits and sold it for what I was asking for. It costs $2 to list something. Anyways, It worked for me.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Hi!!!
    georgezilla --- I just sent you a PM.

Nick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    georgezilla --- I just sent you a PM.

Nick
    That avatar is so wrong.

mtbr member

Bike Swap!

Speaking of the bike swap, what types of things does everybody here plan to sell?

I am thinking of selling my 2003 Specialized Epic and a brand new Carbon fiber S-Works bar. (If anybody would be interested in these before I bring them to the Bike Swap, let me know!)

Anybody bringing bikes, wheel sets, parts.....???

Gary, you could probably sell enough bikes to put a hefty down payment on Simplot's old house!
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy

Gary, you could probably sell enough bikes to put a hefty down payment on Simplot's old house!
    I can't sell any of my bikes.. It would be tantamount to selling my kids (if I have any)! Yes, it's a sickness...

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by georgezilla
    is anyone else having difficulties with the boise bike swap website?! damn thing. i registered a couple of weeks ago and now it wont let me log in. its says that my username and password are not valid. when i was registering my items for sale, it wouldnt let me view them afterwards to edit either. i sent an email to their help people but who knows how long i'll be waiting for a reply! just wanted to see if anyone else out there was having a problem with this besides surly and i! i dont want them to take a higher percentage!! its already killing me as it is!

*if anyone knows someone who wants to buy a bike let me know! i'd sell it a lot cheaper outright than at the swap!

thanks!
    Thanx for answering my question about your bike Ang, but the guy needs a medium frame and wants disk brakes.
    Am I being kind?

Hi!!!
    Here is an article in this weeks Thrive:
    http://www.thriveweekly.com/apps/pbc...702270309/1129

mtbr member

Their "Take"

Is it just me, or did they increase the percentages this year that are taken from each sale? I spoke with Leah, and she said that they are the same, however, I do remember them only taking 15% in past years vs 20% this year.

Does anybody else remember these numbers?

It is almost getting to the point where you have to ask for more than you would normally sell an item for just to get close to your real asking price!
    20% doesn't make a big difference on a $20 item, but it makes a huge deal on a $1000 bike!
    Does anybody know what the bike shops get "charged" for their bikes when they sell them at the swap? I would think that they may get a deal since they bring more items.
    BoiseBoy

Members who have read this thread: 0