Bike lockers/leaving my bike downtown?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. Bike lockers/leaving my bike downtown?

1) Does anyone know if there are any bike lockers anywhere downtown? More specifically in the vicinity of 8th & Bannock? I know my parking garage doesn't have 'em.

2) How comfortable would you feel with leaving a beater bike locked up on a rack here in downtown throughout spring, summer and fall? Maybe a U-Lock and then a really thick chain. There are some racks right across the street from my office like right in front of Dawson's or Thomas Hammer.

I'm thinking of turning that old Trek I have into a SS beater bike (paging flip or Jon...) that I can use at lunch. Walking to/from Parilla after eating 5 tacos for lunch on a Thursday during the middle of July IS NOT FUN. Having a beater bike would speed up the process of me spackling an unsuspecting men's restroom.

I'm gonna check into seeing if I can lock up my bike somewhere in our parking garage. I know on the second floor there is a chain link fence that surrounds a big ass air conditioner that I could maybe use if I keep it out of the way.

Oh....really no place to keep a bike here in our small office. It would just get in the way and be more of an eyesore unfortunately.

Hoops - Big and Small
    I've seen a couple of beaters chained and they seem to be there all the time.

You should go for it, think of it as a challenge of how long you can keep it with out somebody kiping it.

I've got an extra heavy duty lock if you want it, you just have to supply the big a$$ chain

What ever happen to the Yellow Bikes?

Barneys Unite!

Hey, Nick!

I work at 2nd and Bannock, and I see lots of locked-up bikes left around on a regular basis. Of course, I'm not sure if they were left by the original owners

Hi!!!
    Hey Bret --- yeah I'll take the lock!! Yeah I remember the yellow bikes. Man that was a long time ago. I remember they had like a "work day" on 'em over at the old armory (that was an old armory right?). Every now and then I'd still see one around.

Hey Terry --- you ever get my PM or email that I sent to you like two weeks ago...RE: Cycle Idaho. Ugh.

Also...anyone have a tensioner they no longer want? That's something I'll need for Big Kathy (the name of the bike in question).
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 02-22-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Hoops - Big and Small
    I've got an extra lock, I'm all out of chain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Also...anyone have a tensioner they no longer want? That's something I'll need for Big Kathy (the name of the bike in question).
    I have a busted Surly tensioner that you can have. Maybe ther's are enough broken ones in people's parts bin to make a complete one? My feeling on the Surly is that there are two types: those that are broken, and those that are about to break.

If you pay for one, I recommend the SoulCraft.

Or for a beater, just use a derailer.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Barneys Unite!

Doh!

Sorry, I just now looked at my PM!

Yes, I am signing up for Idaho City, and I'm pretty sure Mark is, too. I actually tried to sign up yesterday, but Harley's saying that registration won't be up until 03/01.

I agree that some 20-30 mile rides would be good training. I rode up Mountain Cove Road to the start of the gravel on Rocky Canyon Road (it was pretty wet) last week, and I am plenty out of shape.

Let me know if you want to hook up. I'd be happy to ride the road bike or the Cake. I'll PM you with my e-mail addy.

TF

Members who have read this thread: 0