Bike builders in the Bozeman area??- Mtbr.com
    jones'in

Bike builders in the Bozeman area??

Are there any?

Specifically, I'm seriously thinking about having a Chumba EVO built. Wanted to keep my business local if possible, but open to other options of there are no builders locally who carry Chumba frames.

Typically, I like to work on my own gear and I'd love to try and build it myself, but it'd be my first......and I'm not sure I wanna learn on this particular ride. I'll work on my other bikes to learn, once I've switched over to the new ride.

Thanks,
    --Ben

mtbr member
    Carl Strong is in Bozeman.

http://www.strongframes.com/

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Are you asking for a custom frame builder? Or are you planning on building up a bike using a Chumba frame?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Are you asking for a custom frame builder? Or are you planning on building up a bike using a Chumba frame?
    Bike built using a Chumba frame. Sorry, subject was slightly mis-leading.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    Bike built using a Chumba frame. Sorry, subject was slightly mis-leading.

I'd suggest you take the scenic drive on over to the bitterroot and have us help you with it. Disc milling tools, facing tools, and the know how to properly build it up. Schedule a date and you can hang out while we build it.

later, Chad

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by nwmtb
    I'd suggest you take the scenic drive on over to the bitterroot and have us help you with it. Disc milling tools, facing tools, and the know how to properly build it up. Schedule a date and you can hang out while we build it.

later, Chad
    I just might. I grew up in Lolo/Missoula riding on Blue Mountain. Might schedule a 3-day weekend and hang out while you guys put it together. Then ride all over my old stomping grounds for the weekend. Maybe I'll even learn something! Do you guys normally deal with Chumba? Either way we could get the frame there and I'm sure you'll know what to do w/ it.

--Ben

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    Maybe I'll even learn something! Do you guys normally deal with Chumba? Either way we could get the frame there and I'm sure you'll know what to do w/ it.

--Ben

Ben....i'm sure we could keep you occupied with a few trails.

As for the Chumba....i've seen a couple, played with a couple more but never built one from the ground up. The EVO looks hot.....i'd like to get one in the stand and REALLY check it out. Did you already purchase the frame ?? And if so...what shock ?? The website has a DHX Air listed. Is that what your frame is coming with ?

come on over !

Members who have read this thread: 0