Best Trails near Polson, Kalispell area??- Mtbr.com
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Best Trails near Polson, Kalispell area??

I'm coming up for vacation in July from sunny Arizona and would love to ride some great trails.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for the Polson, Kalispell area?
    Are there any LBS's near buy? Am wondering if I should ship my bike or rent?
    Rubber Side Down................

MTB FOREVER
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by downhilldoll
    I'm coming up for vacation in July from sunny Arizona and would love to ride some great trails.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for the Polson, Kalispell area?
    Are there any LBS's near buy? Am wondering if I should ship my bike or rent?
    I know this looks weird as I live outside of Nashville Tn. But my home and heart is Missoula/Kalispell. And I go home every few months for a couple of weeks, dont get to ride but do visit the shops. So I kinda have an idea. The problem is that the local bike shops in Missoula/Kalispell are VERY stand offish. I have visited all the shops in Missoula and Kalispell as of 12-30-04 and not one of them made me feel welcome or like my business was worth having, I thought it was my accent (bad southern accent) but my mother-in-law(life long Missoulian) said she had never been treated so coldly as the bike shops I took her in. To bad as I was looking for a new bike this xmas so I would not have to pay tax, but oh well. I would just ship your bike to where ever you are going to be. As far as Kalispell area there is Wheaton's hobby shop and the one shop that kinda talked to me has closed Bike Rite. As far as Polson I do not believe there is a shop there. But I could be wrong. Good luck and have as much fun as you can. You'll love it.

mtbr member

whitefish

There is a shop in Whitefish that told me about some trails west of town (a little ways past a golf course and some fancy country club). The shop was friendly and the trails were a blast. What we found were a series of short to medium length loops (a few miles each) that interconnected. There were some stunts too, little log balancing beams and jumps and at least one boardwalk about 8 ft high (larger than my balls would allow me to ride). There's riding at Big Mountain ski area too. We intended to ride those but there was a race going on so the trails were closed.

banned
    you're describing Spencer Mountain area, and it's pretty nice.

page Britt Kanter (his mtbr.com handle is simply "kanter") for Polson/Kalispell area, he knows that area cold and he posts in here sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by dir-T
    There is a shop in Whitefish that told me about some trails west of town (a little ways past a golf course and some fancy country club). The shop was friendly and the trails were a blast. What we found were a series of short to medium length loops (a few miles each) that interconnected. There were some stunts too, little log balancing beams and jumps and at least one boardwalk about 8 ft high (larger than my balls would allow me to ride). There's riding at Big Mountain ski area too. We intended to ride those but there was a race going on so the trails were closed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Crash
    I know this looks weird as I live outside of Nashville Tn. But my home and heart is Missoula/Kalispell. And I go home every few months for a couple of weeks, dont get to ride but do visit the shops. So I kinda have an idea. The problem is that the local bike shops in Missoula/Kalispell are VERY stand offish. I have visited all the shops in Missoula and Kalispell as of 12-30-04 and not one of them made me feel welcome or like my business was worth having, I thought it was my accent (bad southern accent) but my mother-in-law(life long Missoulian) said she had never been treated so coldly as the bike shops I took her in. To bad as I was looking for a new bike this xmas so I would not have to pay tax, but oh well. I would just ship your bike to where ever you are going to be. As far as Kalispell area there is Wheaton's hobby shop and the one shop that kinda talked to me has closed Bike Rite. As far as Polson I do not believe there is a shop there. But I could be wrong. Good luck and have as much fun as you can. You'll love it.
    i have to disagree with ya.. we have some great shops out here.. there is one BIG (hint) shop that isnt that great, but overall they are a great bunch of shops.. good people for sure..

mtbr member
    Kalispell has a swweeeett new bike shop called Starr Bikes right on the main street. There is tons of riding around Kalispell and Whitefish. There are lots of XC trails and shuttlable DH epic trails. If you want FR stuff there is a lot but most is hidden.