Bearlodge Mtn Classic- Mtbr.com
    Tracking up the place

Bearlodge Mtn Classic

It's on... Ride or Race... Cool temps, and some amazing views... In Northeast Wyoming...We look forward to having you... Can you find the stashes, look high look low.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

Tracking up the place
    Wyoming Guys...Hey LAramieeee....Cheyeennnnnnee...You guys need to come up here and ride, before you have those storms that wll prohibit you from coming north to ride here... Come and get it.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    How long does it take to get from Gillette to the course start? How steep in the 24 mile epic loop: hike a bike? Vertical gain? It sounds fun and technical.Also, what sort of tires are you guys running? I am trying to attend but it's a long drive from Idaho. I have family in Gillette so that may help. any info. would be great. The site just doesn't give a ton of information.
    If you do something often enough it tends to define you.

Tracking up the place
    Actually, if you link on to the Bearpaw to the right of the site www.scgmba.org, it will link you to the web page or just click my signature at the bottom of the post it will take you there directly...

and if you click on the Courses it will bring the maps up, and the elevation gain and course description...

Travel time:

From Gillette to the Reuter Campground about 1hr 10 min. So reasonably you could leave at 645 am and be here by a little before 8am and be riding and ready to go within the hour...

Beginner Course 2939 Ft gain in 14 miles
    Intermediate 3657 Ft gain in 17 miles
    Epic 5156 ft in 24 miles

Good sidewall tire.. I have run 1.9 to 2.3 and have had no issues, though recommend higher pressures, rocks and such..

I run Maxxis Ignitor tires for the last two years..Awesome tire.. others have used IRC, Panaracers...Ritchey Z max.. It's really is what you comfortable running...

Yes some technical and at least one hike bike, the terrain will dictate it.. But it' be worth it..argghh . But with trails called the luge and stupid censor***** (beotch) pitch and edge, let the images run wild...Best kept secrets in the hills.

I hope you'll come visit family and try us out.. We have several riders come from Gillette every year...Welcome ya..

Adrian

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Wow, sounds fun. I am really going to try and get up there, it's been a while. Thanks a lot for all the info.
    If you do something often enough it tends to define you.

Tracking up the place
    We would love to thank all the riders for showing up and making it a great event. Ya'll really kicked some arse on those trails... I'm still loving the "brook trout finish" from Team "Strut and Rut"...

I was loving the stories of this trail ,this section, etc...and everything from all the riders..

Sparrow, Wilbur, and Jesse were great... I only hoped I showed an excelllent bite of the trails here..

With the info from the BHMBA and the new burn some possiblities are in the works for some fun sections for us to work on..

It was such a kick arse event...God Bless and keep riding...PLease let everyone know how much fun you had.. Aren't those trails sweet..

Gotta love the kids tearin it up.. heard one was keeping with the Epics up front all the way up Reuter.. Killer riding...

Members who have read this thread: 0