August 25th: Boise Tour de Fat- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

Good job! August 25th: Boise Tour de Fat

Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    DIBS! Might as well make it a yearly tradition to drink them for you!

King of the Barneys
    Dang! Dood...that was fast. We oughta grab Parker and the old gang and do a ride. Or skip that and go straight to the beer, eh??

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    hey, dats my birfday.

anyone involved in the planning...mention to make the corrals bigger for us beer drankers

Hi!!!
    Since I don't drink....are you only allowed to drink in a certain area? I swear I thought you were able to roam around freely with a beer or two in hand?

SingleTrackSal
    Great Scott Man, that's a frightening avatar there BelaySlave!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Since I don't drink....are you only allowed to drink in a certain area? I swear I thought you were able to roam around freely with a beer or two in hand?
    nope, they corral the drunks like a bunch of sweaty cows into a small area.

beer gardens are stupid anyway. back home in the bible belt, responsible adults were given way more freedom at public events like tour de fat, etc. than we are here.

giving y'all a little more perspective, there are laws known as "blue laws" in SC that disallow the sell of beer/wine on sundays. and retail stores cannot open their doors until 1 pm (after church) on sundays. except for groceries stores, convenience stores, etc.

but, i'm thinking boise is more conservative. not a bad thing, really. but the beer garden stuff is too much. at least the hyde park street fair gets it right. but, i'm sure they are bending the rules somewhat.

so, trying to get away from complaining. i was just offering an opinion on the size of the corrals. shoulder to shoulder on august 25 isn't fun all the time. make the pen bigger for us drankers.

Barneys Unite!

Not so fast!

Nick, you may be premature on giving away your tokens. Are you sure you're going to live through the Cycle Idaho trip?

TF

Hi!!!
    Oh that's right.....where TFloyd and I worked....we just sold beer tokens and ****** up those damn wristbands. Then you had to take the tokens to the beer garden. Jeez...can you imagine me and him working the damn taps in the beer garden!?!?

Now that I think about it....I think it's actually New Belgium folks that can only work the beer right????? I use to work the beer booth at Hawk's Stadium. Man that sucked ass especially when you are pouring foam out and there are 20 dipwads in line getting ticked off.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I don't know about you guys but I know I'm getting FACED no matter how small the beer corral is. Then I'm going to practice my on-demand projectile vomiting.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

dirt enthusiast
    i guess my memory is failing because i dont remember being corraled into a small area. now, granted i couldnt wander around the entire park but it wasnt a 10x10 area either. i dont think i was ever elbow to elbow with people except in the beer line.
    ~what they really need to change up is the beer selection! i'm not much for new belgium beer. ( i know i know. they're the sponsor. and yea i'll go anyway cuz its fun!)
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I just want Pepsi.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Corals are for cows and the uninventive. What every happened to decanting off to a nice pink Nalegen bottle and wondering toward the nearest bush that needs watering. So you decide whether you are a cow or a real Idaho drunk!

By the way, who ever put those eight empty red cups in my hand last year should be ashamed. My poor wife had to ride home with me on the tandem and we took up most of our lane. Good thing it was mostly on the greenbelt.

Beer how Buddha bellies are born.

Members who have read this thread: 0