Asking for headcount for Lee McCormacks' training camp- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Asking for headcount for Lee McCormacks' training camp

Hi folks,

I need to respecfully ask for a headcount now. Unfortunately, it sounds like the BYRDS are out or not responding to this.

What I am doing is asking who is in, then I will get back with Lee, and get back with you with more info on prices and we can together decide on dates (it is both days of a weekend I beleive.)

So, please let me know who is in - here?

I am thinking so far:

Warren
    Nick
    Trevor
    AlliKat
    Cbro

so that makes just 6 so far

What else - I really think this is going to be cool, and for those interested, if we use our heads, our physical skills and our hearts, I think we can all really take a lot out of this and start a new progression. Personally I want to get a lot better in a lot of way = more fun!

I'll be cc'ing Lee on this.

Thank you for your time!

Daryl
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 02-15-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

just a man
    I'm definitely interested. The two factors are 1)When 2)How much (firm).

Thanks for organizing this Daryl.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Yeah, I would need to know those two key details. As long as it's not too exorbitantly expensive, I'm in.
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    We won't know how much until we know how many; once we get that we can decide the when.

let freedom ring!

It's iffy for me........

It's totally dependent on money and time. It has to be somewhere around $100. for me to do it. And I cant do that until around May! Sorry if this doesn't help.

Warren.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Count me in. The only thing that would hold me out is a date conflict. I have no $ issues. I do have some field/work committments that include weekends in April and July.

Adam Winstral

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Cool. Right now it's looking like it will be those who can come up with a bit more cash, like around the $160/person for the 6 man group. Let's give this a little more time than we will need to work w/Lee to set some dates, get cash from folks and send to Lee.

This would probably have went a lot faster had I asked Mike Cooley if I could post a flyer at Georges and done other things, but I don't have the time, so am using just this site.

dk

Hi!!!
    Daryl --- sorry, but if the cost is gonna be $160, then I have to bow out. Sorry man.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Daryl,

Could you confirm the approximate cost for the 6-person group. I see $160 on this thread and $240 on another thread? Thanks!

Adam

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey Daryl,

I can do more riders ? you just lose some 1:1 attention (and save some money). If you?re all about the same level that isn?t such a a big deal. One thing that?s awesome about your group doing it: You all can coach each other going forward. You?ll need someone to keep you on track.

From your list, seems like we need two days. Estimate:

Mileage: $640
    Lodging: N/A ? but maybe a borrowed shower ...
    Two 1/2 days of riding: $800

We?ll do a couple hours of drills, then apply the skills for a couple more. I promise people will be burning out ... It?s a lot of physical and mental work.

Total: $1440

Shared among 6 riders, that?s $240 each. ... $240 that?ll change your life!

Steps:

Pick dates
    Prepay thesum to me (you collect from your bros)
    Pick locations
    Rip it!

What do you think?

-- Lee

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Wait? So $240 or $160?
    Either way, I see myself having no real problem with that.

Date would be nice though

mtbr member
    In the <$160 range I'm in. Over that and it is way too much. I'm gone most of June so a date is critical too.

Things are pretty vague right now. Solidifying a date I'm sure is a challenge without people committed. Probably have to pick a date and find out who we have.

Have we discussed with Lee doing two days if there are enough people and other such options?
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

I'm interested

I need a date. $160 won't bother me. If it approaches $200 I would rather not. I can't do anything in June. If we could agree on a two week window, that might help to narrow it down and start getting some commitment.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    It's going to be $240 if we only have 6 people, at this point I have no idea how many are committed so we can't get a price. However, Craig is going to chat with Lee and see if he might drop the price a bit.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Another thought

If this doesn't work out with Lee for some reason, perhaps we could get Ian and Nick (from Reeds Cyclery), to put on a training weekend for us - at cost but not nearly as much.

I wonder if they would be into it. Ian's skills speaks for itself, and Nick was THE fastest rider down the mountain in all categories, at the Bogus Basin DH race (not Bogus to Boise) - to both these guys know something about how to ride - question is, can they communicate and teach it the way Lee does, and are they willing to?

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Nick? What Nick are you referring to? Sturmack?

Members who have read this thread: 0