Anyone want to go Moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone want to go Moab

The 24 Hours of Moab is this weekend (Oct 14-15) and our 5-man team is short a person. Anyone interested in going? (I know it's really short notice.)

If so, let me know. We need to have a name by tomorrow.

P.S. We're going mostly for fun, with no expectations of winning.

Edit: The title would read "Anyone want to go to Moab" if I'd bother to proof-read.
    Last edited by laffeaux; 10-10-2006 at 01:13 PM.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

beer is good
    Eric, good luck in the race, hope you found a rider

Lots of rain lately, so it shouldn't be so dusty!

Check it out:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=234290
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nels
    Eric, good luck in the race, hope you found a rider

Lots of rain lately, so it shouldn't be so dusty!

Check it out:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=234290
    Thanks! Those pics looked about like it did during the race. Moab and rain? Who would have guessed.

The race was put on hold from 8:00 pm Saturday until 10:00 am Sunday because of "safety concerns" due to the rain. Apparently this was the first ever 24-hour race that has been stopped, and Granny Gear had no idea what to do. No winners have been declared, and last we heard, no real means of determining a winner exists.

The pre-ride on Friday was a lot of fun. My single lap on Saturday was not tons of fun though - cold, wet, muddy, and dark. Our team did a whole 7 laps (not sure what will count toward our actual finish - somewhere between 4 and 7), and we finished more than most. It was an odd race.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    The race was put on hold from 8:00 pm Saturday until 10:00 am Sunday because of "safety concerns" due to the rain. Apparently this was the first ever 24-hour race that has been stopped, and Granny Gear had no idea what to do. No winners have been declared, and last we heard, no real means of determining a winner exists.

The pre-ride on Friday was a lot of fun. My single lap on Saturday was not tons of fun though - cold, wet, muddy, and dark. Our team did a whole 7 laps (not sure what will count toward our actual finish - somewhere between 4 and 7), and we finished more than most. It was an odd race.
    Congratulations Eric!! 8th out of 45 (plus all the crap you had to go through) is awesome!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    Congratulations Eric!! 8th out of 45 (plus all the crap you had to go through) is awesome!
    Unfortunately, I can take little credit for our high finish. Other than slogging through a lap in miserable conidtions, I did little. We had one fast kid on our team, and picked up a rider from SLC, that turned out to be ridiculously fast, so we did all right.

In retrospect, it was more fun than it was while it was happening. However, I still have a bike covered in red mud sitting in my kitchen.

Members who have read this thread: 0