Anyone riding Thursday night?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. Anyone riding Thursday night?

According to Weather.com, it's suppose to be in the mid-20s by 6pm Thursday evening. In fact I think the high is only suppose to be 29 degrees.

Is everything in Military Reserve good to go? No muck or slop to deal with? I'd like to get in a short (1-1.5 hours) ride in tomorrow evening on the frozen SS.....IF IF IF I'm feeling OK (been sick since xmas) and the trail conditions are good AND I can nut up and deal with the cold weather. BRRRR!!!!!

Nick

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    When I rode at 4pm yesterday, the exposed dirt was melting, and getting soft. According to the NWS, it was 30F at that time. Please do not ride around those soft areas, as y'all know it just widens an already thrashed trail.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TERVOR THE GREAT
    On monday, everything was frozen all day long everywhere I went.

Tomorrow at about 2 or so I plan on getting some riding in... I'm hoping to get in some jumping and trail riding.
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    According to Weather.com, it's suppose to be in the mid-20s by 6pm Thursday evening. In fact I think the high is only suppose to be 29 degrees.

Is everything in Military Reserve good to go? No muck or slop to deal with? I'd like to get in a short (1-1.5 hours) ride in tomorrow evening on the frozen SS.....IF IF IF I'm feeling OK (been sick since xmas) and the trail conditions are good AND I can nut up and deal with the cold weather. BRRRR!!!!!

Nick
    Today, Wed at 330 at CB Park a small gaggle of goofballs go out for a barney.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hi!!!
    So how were the trails yesterday? I won't be on my bike until arond 5:45pm today. Ideally I'd like to hit up Military Reserve, but if it looks like crud around there, I can just ride up and down the road.

just a man
    They 8th St. trails were really firm yesterday at 4pm, great riding. Hulls is nice and frozen too, fairly slick. Wish I could get out tonight to ride with you Nick. If somehow I can, I'll call you.

Hi!!!
    BRRR!!!

Actually...it wasn't that bad last night. I'm guessing temps were in the mid/upper 20s when I started out and there was no breeze.

Just did a short, one hour, Military Reserve Dork Loop. Mtn. Cove Trail was snow covered for a good portion of it. In places that there wasn't any snow, the dirt was pretty firm. The climb up Ridgecrest was pretty firm too. Got onto Buck Tail and that was all clear and firm. Riding up it though I was a bit dismayed to see bike tracks a good couple of feet off either side of the trail that went on for good stretches. Came down Central Ridge and then the other side of Ridgecrest and then down Toll Road and back to Fort Boise.

Overall a fun ride. Only saw a couple of runners and hikers out and no bikers.

Froze my ass off at Fort Boise though getting my bike loaded and my gear thrown in the car. BRRR!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0