Anyone racing Discovery this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone racing Discovery this weekend?

Is anyone who surfs here racing the Discovery XC race this weekend? See you there if you are. The weather is supposed to be nicer, but bring cold weather riding clothes just in case. I got stung by that last year!
    http://www.montanacycling.net/docs/f...ce%20Flyer.pdf

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thinking about it but not sure I have family in town....If I do I will be the guy with a prosthetic leg so say hello

Jan 2008
    Prosthetic leg, eh? You're not Sam, are you?

(this is Denny)

If I would have known Discovery was this weekend, I would have been on the bike in the shitty weather. I'll pass it up this time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You nailed it Sam I am...hard to hide with one leg.

Looking to get out and enjoy biking after a grueling year of rebounding from being injured and off the bike all last summer, far to many miles on the trainer, and of course most recently numerous weeks away training on the Velodrome. Time to get dirty now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress
    Prosthetic leg, eh? You're not Sam, are you?

(this is Denny)

If I would have known Discovery was this weekend, I would have been on the bike in the shitty weather. I'll pass it up this time.
    No excuse, show up and race anyway. More the merrier. A race number belongs on that carbon fiber double chainring ride of yours!
    http://www.montanacycling.net/calendar.aspx#MTB

mtbr member
    Holy freaking snow and mud fest. I guess it was character building, and it was good to see my overall placings are up from last season!

The parking lot was still covered first thing in the morning. We almost got stuck trying to get to a parking spot.

Start, delayed 30 minutes to allow some more time for snow melt.

Finish stretch

Muddy self. somehow the pictures don't do it justice.

Thanks race organizers. Despite the snow, the race was still fun and run very well.
    Last edited by ewarnerusa; 06-16-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Jan 2008
    I figured it would be like that. I'm not wealthy enough to go through 2 drivetrains a season.

mtbr member
    I sure wish they would build some DH trails. That place could have some awesome trails.

In FTF We Trust
    Quote Originally Posted by ewarnerusa
    Thanks race organizers. Despite the snow, the race was still fun and run very well.
    I'm glad you came and had fun; I'm Chad the organizer/promoter (the guy with the red ponytail, glasses and green shirt looking shellshocked Sunday edit: that's my back on the left in the second pic.) and frankly, we were questioning our sanity Saturday night. Your dad was trying to convince me to just run the race on the lower (dry) section of the course, but what fun would that have been? It seems like everyone that rode had fun, and it's a blast doing it. We rode the course afterword to sweep and pull down signs, etc. so we got a tast of our own medicine too. I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys at York in August if not sooner. Thanks for coming and racing.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    I'm glad you came and had fun; I'm Chad the organizer/promoter (the guy with the red ponytail, glasses and green shirt looking shellshocked Sunday ...I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys at York in August if not sooner. Thanks for coming and racing.
    The guy with the super red sunburn! I did recognize you and meant to say thanks in person on Sunday. It was a bit of a spectacle, but the snow was really only on that upper section. I just got the group email from some expert/pro racers who went up the day before to preride and decided to not race on Sunday. I guess they just missed a chance to deep clean their bikes Sunday night. See you soon, definitely at York if not before.

Ed

beater
    I'm amazed it was that clear. My girlfriend is one of the 'every weekend' kiteboarders on GT Lake, and there was a bunch of snow in her friend's yard last week. People are still getting in turns up there.

mtbr member
    Do they have any DH trails? Are they open for mountain biking at all?

my road bike is a Harley
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    I'm glad you came and had fun; I'm Chad the organizer/promoter (the guy with the red ponytail, glasses and green shirt looking shellshocked Sunday edit: that's my back on the left in the second pic.) and frankly, we were questioning our sanity Saturday night. Your dad was trying to convince me to just run the race on the lower (dry) section of the course, but what fun would that have been? It seems like everyone that rode had fun, and it's a blast doing it. We rode the course afterword to sweep and pull down signs, etc. so we got a tast of our own medicine too. I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys at York in August if not sooner. Thanks for coming and racing.

Hey Chad, thanks for not cancelling the race. I had a great time. I won't be forgetting this race any time soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0