Anybody riding around Pocatello area?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2004

Smile Anybody riding around Pocatello area?

hey guys, just wondering if any of you out there could tell me what the prison loop is like right now. Although it rained today, I would have gone anyway except that last week it was horrible on the way back down. I'm planning to go tomorrow unless something comes up. Anyway, if your in the area and feel like a riding buddy, let me know. [email protected]

Nov 2005
    I will be in Pocatello Wednesday late-afternoon, and if the weather cooperates, I'm planning on a ride somewhere. Just something close, short, fun, and dry before it gets dark.

It just so happens I have a Manitou Black also

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back2Kill
    I will be in Pocatello Wednesday late-afternoon, and if the weather cooperates, I'm planning on a ride somewhere. Just something close, short, fun, and dry before it gets dark.

It just so happens I have a Manitou Black also

Let us know how it is. I'm hoping to get out there Thursday or Friday afternoon...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    everything below sully's trail is dry, even the white cairn. the top of the outlaw cut over is a bit snowed in but you can still go out and back. the kat's trail is very dry, but a hard interval-ish ride. unless it rains two hours prior to riding, the whole womens prison area is great, have fun.
    ryon

Nov 2005
    Well since I don't know where any of those trails are, I had to find somewhere to ride on my own. I drove around for a while exploring various roads leading into the hills. The snow kept me looking until I decided to head up Mink Creek area and look around. Just when I was about to bag it, I saw the Slate Mtn Trailhead sign and decided to give it a shot. The clouds were dark, but not threatening. I made it 1.7 miles before the snow became to much. The downhill return was steep & very fast! Always cool when you can ride different areas on the company's bill

Ready to go!

The trail started out nice & dry. Steady climb for 1.5 miles.

Ran into my first snow on this north-side switchback

Soon the trail became more technical, and I became happier.

Nice trail

The end

All done. Muddy bike. Good times

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    back2kill,
    slates a cool trail and a tough climb, i am glad you checked it out. now i know where the snow is at, and we just added about 8 in. to that today, sorta sucks . but the rides mentioned above are all out of the city creek area with the exception of the kat's trail and it is located to the east of century high school. i hope you make it back this way to check out some of our other rides .

Members who have read this thread: 0