Anybody ride the foothills this afternoon?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Anybody ride the foothills this afternoon?

Just wondering how it was. I figured it would probably be muddy so didn't go. Hope I'm not 0 for 2

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Yes. They're fine.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The only time I could get out was around noon and the trails I was on were bad! Had to turn around and ride the road from near my house (up around Shenandoah where the one trail was gumbo) over to Military.
    Should have ridden when it was frozen.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

I did a Camel's Back to Mil Reserve to Shanes and back around...

3:00 and it was fine. Puddles here and there but nothing to keep you out of the saddle. Quite a few people were out including all the dorks descending way too fast on a weekend afternoon. If you want to be super-gnarly dude on the downhill, go someplace where people don't take their dogs and walk with their kids. Because, really, you're not that super-gnarly if you're riding where people can take their dogs and walk with their kids.

Bong

aaarrrggghh!

Hmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Bong_Crosby
    3:00 and it was fine. Puddles here and there but nothing to keep you out of the saddle. Quite a few people were out including all the dorks descending way too fast on a weekend afternoon. If you want to be super-gnarly dude on the downhill, go someplace where people don't take their dogs and walk with their kids. Because, really, you're not that super-gnarly if you're riding where people can take their dogs and walk with their kids.

Bong
    I did however feel gnarly when I was climbing my 40lbs. bike up Hulls today. I felt extra special gnarly when I decended Bobs except that no one was around to see me being gnarly except the people I was riding with but they just think I smell gnarly. Oh well, even when I'm trying to be gnarly it just doesn't work out. If I do however feel the need I will take your advice and descend Hulls at warp speed and intimidate the other trail users. I would then be able to consider myself super-gnarly.

I guess I'll just be myself.

Deep Thoughts by Ivan the Terrible.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I had a gnarly wart. I still have that gnarly video...which I regularly watch to make myself laugh. According to Georgezilla and Surly, I have gnarly hungarian demons that should not be allowed out on the trail with Yorkies or small children.

Ivan, you would not be gnarly descending Hulls. You would be "extreme". :P But, why would you descend Hulls...it is boring on our bikes. It is too smooth.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    May 2004

Yes they appear to be able to take care of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Yes. They're fine.

Although hyenas bear some physical resemblance to wild dogs, they make up a separate biological family which is most closely related to Herpestidae (the family of mongooses and meerkats). The hyena has one of the strongest jaws in the animal kingdom and an adult of the species has only the large cats of the family Felidae (Lions, Tigers, etc.) to fear. An adult hyena's bite pressure can reach 800 lb per square inch; it can crush bone.
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-05-2007 at 07:30 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    does your bong have a skull on the front of it, or are you talking out yer arse?

dirt enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    I had a gnarly wart. I still have that gnarly video...which I regularly watch to make myself laugh. According to Georgezilla and Surly, I have gnarly hungarian demons that should not be allowed out on the trail with Yorkies or small children.

Ivan, you would not be gnarly descending Hulls. You would be "extreme". :P But, why would you descend Hulls...it is boring on our bikes. It is too smooth.

actually i think the demons need to get out more often to torment small children and yorkies. two of my most favorite things, especially little bratty children that scream.

ian~ you dont smell gnarly. its more fragrant. great fun riding with you guys yesterday. it was much needed!!

riding the stairs and swearing in a church parking lot. now thats gnarly! the goathead must've been instant karma.........
    Last edited by georgezilla; 11-13-2006 at 12:55 PM.
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    does your bong have a skull on the front of it, or are you talking out yer arse?
    Huh?

I don't own a bong. It's logon name - just a play on words. Anyway, what does a skull on a bong have to do with the original post?

Bong

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Bongs were replaced by large nuts and tubes in the 70's. Then oversized friends showed up. I have no idea what they're sticking in wide cracks these days.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    May 2004

To further clarify

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Bongs were replaced by large nuts and tubes in the 70's. Then oversized friends showed up. I have no idea what they're sticking in wide cracks these days.
    The Tubes are a collection of high school friends from Phoenix, Arizona. The Beans and The Red, White and Blues Band eventually merged after relocating to San Francisco in 1969. The core band membership remained largely intact for more than a decade: Fee Waybill (real name John Waldo Waybill) (vocals), Bill "Sputnik" Spooner (guitar, vocals), Roger Steen (guitar), Prairie Prince (real name Charles L. Prince) (drums), Michael Cotten (synthesizer), Vince Welnick (piano), and Rick Anderson (bass). Singer Re Styles (born Shirley Marie MacLeod) (vocals) and ex-Santana percussionist Mingo Lewis were also fixtures for much of the band's early history.

liver abuser
    Bonggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0