Any swimba people???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Any swimba people???

I'm wondering if I should join?? are there groups that do like tamarack rides and ect??? any freeriders/downhillers in boise swimba? I'm 17 and a pretty good downhiller.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Both Crazy Ivan and I are board members

We are the two really pushing the freeride movement with the board and can use all the support we can get. Being just a memeber gets you in the loop on events ranging from gravity to party to working with dirt. You also become a productive part of the community just with your membership dues, much less if you do any trail work volunteering, something that a lot more riders need to think about as they ride these trails day in and day out that are mysteriously maintained by somebody else. Regardless of membership, come sit in at meetings whenever you want (once a month on a Wednes), and voice your desires for the cycling community.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    thanks for the info.

Do any of the people there like get in groups or maybe a couple and go ride.
    Cause the thing is that I would like a riding buddy, since the one i had on me kinda bailed and i was wondering if joining swimba would let me be with other riders about my skill and go riding together or w/e.
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

One way to network is by becoming a member

You will definitely meet people and everybody in SWIMBA rides of course but the meetings are more about planning and projects than anything else. Whether you join or not, volunteer for some of the projects and you will be rubbing elbows with a lot of people who ride. This is great if its a trail day, nothing like digging in the dirt with a group of people to get to know them. I am being totally serious. What type of riding do you like to do? Mostly XC or like to jump and such? I see posts for group rides all the time, get in on that and you will quickly find a replacement buddy. If you like the more technical, gravity side of riding, watch for a post from Ivan or myself. We do a lot of pedalling also but rarely advertise those rides. Usually talk about going up to bogus and if you can, make it up. Its a great atmosphere with great people

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I mainly do downhill and jumps. I actually know "Ivan" hes a pretty cool guy. Though I haven't ridden with him.

Members who have read this thread: 0