Any 20 Mile trail reports yet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any 20 Mile trail reports yet?

I'm taking some friends from back East to ride 20 Mile tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows if there are substantial blow downs still on the trail?
    Thanks!
    G

mtbr member
    no info on 20-mile...but, y'all should hit up eagle nest on the way back to boise. perfect shape a week ago.

mtbr member
    thanks dude... we're actually considering making eagle's nest and tamarack a day trip...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

20 Mile

There is still quite a bit of downfall on the trail. A few people have been going up there to clear as much as they can. One guy recently went up there and cleared 80+ trees in one go. Havent yet ridden it since he has been up there but people are working to clear the trail.

mtbr member
    No new info on 20 Mile, but we rode the Xterra/Blackwell Lake trail last night and it is in the best shape I've seen it. Get it before the dust gets worse.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    No new info on 20 Mile, but we rode the Xterra/Blackwell Lake trail last night and it is in the best shape I've seen it. Get it before the dust gets worse.
    Wow, I've never even heard of that trail. Can you provide some beta? Do you want to skip work and ride with us? hehe...
    What we may end up doing would be to try 20 Mile and if it's still full of blow downs, we may do Loon instead...

mtbr member
    20 Mile with a Loon Lake alternate is always good and I'd love to skip work, but ...

Anyway, I told you there's new stuff up here! I don't think there's anything gps'ed or even a good map for the Blackwell Xterra trail. It starts at Crestline trailhead, but instead of climbing the singletrack, climb the gated road for a few miles. At a high point, shortly before the road dead ends, look for a singletrack on the left that climbs up the hillside. The new portion of singletrack is about a mile long and takes you to Blackwell Lake. Cross the dam (or the creek) and climb out of Blackwell on the ATV/motorcycle trail. At the top of the climb, in a meadow, there's a fork (this is where the map is needed) head south and ride the twisty trail back down to the trailhead. The only downside to this trail is the dusty conditions from the ATVs and motorcycles- so be sure to hit it early in the season or after some rains.

mtbr member

Members who have read this thread: 0