Almost there...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Almost there...

mtbr member

Almost there...

Been sick, unmotivated, bored, tired, etc... for the past month. I need some motivation badly... I think it's time for a road trip for a change of scenery... The plan is to hit Flat Pass, Porc Rim, Sovereign, Amasa Back, Poison Spider, Slickrock and the Kokopellis. That oughta get me into wanting back in the saddle... The schedule is October 24th to the 29th (Moab/Fruita obviously).... If anyone wants to meet up for some good riding, let us know...
    Attached Images Attached Images

just a man
    flip - Sounds like a great trip, wish I could go with.

I had to chuckle since you mentioned needing a "change of scenery" and then post 3 pics of SJ's backside! I know that's not what you meant....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X

I had to chuckle since you mentioned needing a "change of scenery" and then post 3 pics of SJ's backside! I know that's not what you meant....
    My favorite view...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Durn it flip, that sounds (and looks) like fun! Unfortunately, I'm about out of vacation time this year that's not already spoken for around the holidays. You guys (and gals, I know you flip - you always ride with your harem of mountain biker babes) have fun and take lots of pics to post here to rub in the fact that some of us can't make these fun trips!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Durn it flip, that sounds (and looks) like fun! Unfortunately, I'm about out of vacation time this year that's not already spoken for around the holidays. You guys (and gals, I know you flip - you always ride with your harem of mountain biker babes) have fun and take lots of pics to post here to rub in the fact that some of us can't make these fun trips!!
    tentative rest of year schedule kinda looks like this (if you can't make this one):
    Thanksgiving- Moab/Fruita
    Christmas- Gooseberry/St. George
    February- Philippines (although that maybe a tough commute for a lot of folks)...
    March- I'm thinking Bootleg Canyon
    April- Moab/Fruita again...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    tentative rest of year schedule kinda looks like this (if you can't make this one):
    Thanksgiving- Moab/Fruita
    Christmas- Gooseberry/St. George
    February- Philippines (although that maybe a tough commute for a lot of folks)...
    March- I'm thinking Bootleg Canyon
    April- Moab/Fruita again...

Don't you have a job? How do you get so much time off?

I wish I could do the Moab trip, but no can do. Although, it looks like I'll be there the weekend before riding in circles for 24 hours.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Don't you have a job? How do you get so much time off?

I wish I could do the Moab trip, but no can do. Although, it looks like I'll be there the weekend before riding in circles for 24 hours.
    I have a pretty generous boss that buys me lots of bike parts and let's me have as much time off as I want (in other words, i'm self employed).
    good luck in Moab!

just a man
    That's right Gary, take the salt and just rub it in the open wound, all us cubemonkeys think it's really funny haha.

Have a great trip!

Nov 2005

Dang G

I'll just miss you. I am heading that way 29th thru Nov 5. Keywords are heading that way. I am hoping to get side tracked shuttling in Bountiful for a day or so and I am having visions of riding my favorite trail, Snakeback at Bootleg Canyon.

Members who have read this thread: 0