Adendum-Night Ride- Mtbr.com
    dirt enthusiast

Adendum-Night Ride

ok. a little change of plans. the parking lot at camels butt is full o'crap for the street fair. soooooo, meeting at the dirt parking lot behind camels butt at the end of 9th street. same time of 8-815. lets just hope the weather cooperates!!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

mtbr member
    Roger that...
    It should be a gorgeous fall-like evening. When we went this morning, it felt like it was about to snow... Pretty soon, I should be able to take the poochies for evening rides...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    The kids have been pounding the Central Ridge and Freestone at full bore!!! But then again...they are kids.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Hoops - Big and Small
    I'am charging up my one good light as we speak - Mavericks in the shop - I'll be Slinging single style tonight.

Aug 2004
    I'm riding right after work (I think) so look for me on the SS. Was gonna try to hit Rock Island with Warren, but I was too lazy to throw on my spare platforms so I decided to just SS.

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by georgezilla
    ok. a little change of plans. the parking lot at camels butt is full o'crap for the street fair. soooooo, meeting at the dirt parking lot behind camels butt at the end of 9th street. same time of 8-815. lets just hope the weather cooperates!!
    Hey doll: What trails are we doing tonight? Are we riding with the wind?

Hoops - Big and Small
    So you gonna make it or not?

You up for a good ole beatdown to help you forget about your injuries?

dirt enthusiast
    not exactly sure. g mentioned zipping over to military reserve. we can pow-wow before. so did ya get the battery taken care of then?! you gonna make it tonight?! as far as the wind thing goes, i have no idea!!!!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Hyde Park Street Fair? Ew gross. That means all of CB park is going to be sticky and smell like urine and ciggy butts for at least a week.

I wish I could ride tonight but I've got a 10 year old I've got to warp. I should at least do a luminosity check.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sep 2004
    not exactly sure. g mentioned zipping over to military reserve. we can pow-wow before. so did ya get the battery taken care of then?! you gonna make it tonight?! as far as the wind thing goes, i have no idea!!!!
    MR, that could be good. I did get the battery situation taken care of; I bought another light. So, I'm gonna make it. I'm super excited to do a night ride. It's been awhile. Hope the kitties don't eat us.

mtbr member
    yep... social ride up kestrel-MR-and back up and down via Red Sands.... Basically the clown loop without the flowery shirts...

dirt enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    MR, that could be good. I did get the battery situation taken care of; I bought another light. So, I'm gonna make it. I'm super excited to do a night ride. It's been awhile. Hope the kitties don't eat us.
    schweet!! i'm stoked for us all to ride together too! i'm thinking that kittie dinner time is a little earlier. i'll pack some catnip just in case....but that might give it the munchies!!!

mtbr member

Fun night ride last night...

We had a group of nine which was kinda cool to see. (me, RRB, Georgezilla, Pat, SFS, Laffeux, Impdude, C_B, and Mark). No carnage (Laffeux's goathead at the last mile shouldn't count), no failed lights, no sad faces... Thanks for coming out and freezing with us. We'll have to make this a weekly ride!
    Here is a group picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sep 2004
    We look good!

Despite all the hill climbing and b!tching about it on my part, that was a super fun ride. Thanks for posting the ride GZ.

Barneys Unite!
    Ha! I was waiting for this one!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TFloyd
    Ha! I was waiting for this one!
    Whew. I was thinking that not only do I not understand poetry but I can't seem to be able to see photography either.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Whew. I was thinking that not only do I not understand poetry but I can't seem to be able to see photography either.
    Poetry? I thought it was a shopping list.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    It looks fine to me. What is wrong with the pic? Umm...I don't get it.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Poetry? I thought it was a shopping list.
    It's a slippery slope. First, I can't understand poetry. Then I can't see photography. Next, I won't be able to pedal a bike. Finally, I hit rock bottom and malt liquor will taste like water.

The horror. The horror.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I knew a poet from back when I was a folk singer in Greenwich Village. He ate salad with his fingers and drank absinthe like it was Red Bull.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I knew a poet from back when I was a folk singer in Greenwich Village. He ate salad with his fingers and drank absinthe like it was Red Bull.
    But - did he night ride?

dirt enthusiast
    just call me yurtle. as in yurtle the turtle!!! i'm so slow compared to you crazy ss'ers! thanks you guys for riding last night! it was a blast! definately need to do that more often. i wish that i could've taken a pic of all of us riding back up from mr. it looked so cool!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

You were quite a sight...

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    We had a group of nine which was kinda cool to see.
    Was it only 9 of you? Sure looked like more to me! Some friends and I got a bit delayed getting to the top of Scott's and we ended up racing the darkness on the way down. We were nearing CB when we saw saw a train of lights coming our way. Looked pretty cool! Well, except when one of you working on a bike on the side of the trail looked up at me with your helmet light on. It all went kinda blurry for a few seconds.

I hope to catch up with you as soon as I can find my charger!

HH

Members who have read this thread: 0