8th St. Interprative Trail- Mtbr.com
    mortman
    Aug 2006

8th St. Interprative Trail

Does anyone know what happened to the interprative trail signs along the Interprative Trail? Went for a hike today with the wife. My first time on that trail. Noticed that there were fixed sign mounts along the trail, but all were empty. Looked like they might be holders for a sign about the 8th St. Fire, local animals, or description of a bikeable trail seen in the distance.

Also, saw some bike tracks while WALKING on it..............LUCKY BASTARD!

Hoops - Big and Small

Upper Hulls Rocks!

The last I saw they were weathered and rotting in the sun. The signs were kinda wimpy. A fire that ripped through there awhile back might have done some damage also.

It's a shame that canyon with an alternate trail is not open to mountain bikers - Dry Creek is a much nicer trail to run/hike on, and offers pretty much the same type of scenery and water for the dogs

Aug 2004
    David Gordon of Ridge to Rivers came to REI a year or two ago and talked about the R2R trail system and at the time he mentioned that they were suppose to install new signs along that trail. I last hiked it early this spring and nada and apparently you just hiked it and nada as well. Your guess is as good as mine as to when it'll really happen.

mtbr member
    The signs were gone sometime prior to the summer of 2000, which was my first visit to the trail.

It is a nice place for a hike.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Sep 2006
    The signs are currently being developed by the BLM, and are scheduled to be installed next spring...

Members who have read this thread: 0