11/17: Trail conditions?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. 11/17: Trail conditions?

It HAS to be good today right?? It was a pretty nice afternoon and evening yesterday. I think there is only a 20% chance of showers for today.

Our plans are still up in the air for tonight. Worst case scenario we'll ride from Shenandoah up Rocky Canyon and back. Ideally we'd like to hit MR or the 8th Street trails though. If MR is out, I'm assuming the main Dork stuff is good save for maybe the start of Shane's?

mtbr member
    did a shortie ride about an hour ago... nice conditions but it started drizzling on my way back but it shouldn't be a big deal. have fun!

just a man
    Will the clown rides continue into Winter? I think the Hawaiian shirts while the snow is falling could blow some minds.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    nice conditions but it started drizzling on my way back but it shouldn't be a big deal. have fun!
    Are you sure??? Here in downtown it's pretty wet, but at least the sun is coming out. Oh well....we have committed on riding up and down Rocky Canyon this evening. Better than nothing I guess.

Off topic sorta....

The cable casing to my helmet light is fraying right where it goes into the battery itself. Last night I just threw on some duct tape. You can definately see the wires going in, but it doesn't look like the wires themselves are fraying.

Should I send the battery back to NiteRider or would that Batteries Plus (or whatever it's called) be able to fix it? Or is my duct tape solution OK?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Are you sure??? Here in downtown it's pretty wet, but at least the sun is coming out. Oh well....we have committed on riding up and down Rocky Canyon this evening. Better than nothing I guess.

Off topic sorta....

The cable casing to my helmet light is fraying right where it goes into the battery itself. Last night I just threw on some duct tape. You can definately see the wires going in, but it doesn't look like the wires themselves are fraying.

Should I send the battery back to NiteRider or would that Batteries Plus (or whatever it's called) be able to fix it? Or is my duct tape solution OK?
    Yes, I rode up 8th Street then back down through Crestline and a couple of side trails that are normally mucky when saturated... It's all good.

As far as your battery cable, go to a local electronics store and get some heat shrink tubing and use that instead of tape.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    my non-technical answer would be the duct tape is not a good or reliable solution. Batteries + fixed my Niterider, resurrected it, really, and the charge was very reasonable
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

Members who have read this thread: 0