05 5 Medium 5 Spot frame for sale- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

05 5 Medium 5 Spot frame for sale

Excellent condition (frrame protection tape). No drops, dents, dings, scrateches or anything. Beautifilly crafted, quality frame. It just isn't working for me and I cannot ride the bike efffectively uphill or down in rocky conditions or with trails scree, not sure why.

Paid full price and will sell frame only in as new condition for $1450; or, add on as new revelation for another $350. I don't like the bike but just check the reviews, as apparently I am in the minority! I just can't ride it effectively up or down rocky terrain, something about the geometry, low bottom bracket and steep seat angle.

Beautifully crafted frame!

Aug 2004
    Are you eyeing the Transition Convert?!

Have you maybe talked to other 5 Spot owners to see if you have it set up correctly like Nels or Justen?

What about taking it to Custom Cycles since they are Turner Homers and see if they can make it work for you?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    thanks Nick. I've tried every shock setting from firm to lots of sag, prodedal to none, rebound settings high to low, tire pressure changes. Also, I'm getting a firmer spring for the Pike I got, so will see how that makes the front end feel. I've heard of a couple others who don't like this bike either...... Covert sounds good but is not made as well as the Santa Cruz's, Intenses, Iron horses, etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Covert sounds good but is not made as well as the Santa Cruz's, Intenses, Iron horses, etc.
    why do you conclude this? it's aluminum dude. doesn't take the best craftsman in the world to work with aluminum.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    mostly my impression of the bearings they use, to be picky, I know. Max E bearings or DT Swiss are the best, full complement and Transition does not use them. Ian will prob get on me for this, so what

mtbr member
    May 2004

Don't derail my thread

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    mostly my impression of the bearings they use, to be picky, I know. Max E bearings or DT Swiss are the best, full complement and Transition does not use them. Ian will prob get on me for this, so what
    this is a for sale and is a cross post from the marketplace

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'm going to try it with more sag in the rear and (when it arrives) stiffer spring in front.
    Still, Nels spent a LOT of money on aftermarket rockers and another spring, since these particular rockers dont' even work with the heralded DHX Air.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Are you eyeing the Transition Convert?!

Have you maybe talked to other 5 Spot owners to see if you have it set up correctly like Nels or Justen?

What about taking it to Custom Cycles since they are Turner Homers and see if they can make it work for you?
    D just wants a new bike. How many is this now? My Spot just needs to be ridden while sitting. If you stand up, it pogoes.

Justen

Members who have read this thread: 0