mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Work Stand for my mojo

Hi guys,

after buying an SL frame I'm getting ready to source and build it up but I don't have a work stand yet.

I need a stand that can grab the top tube rather than the seat as I will probably be going for a joplin or similar and not sure if it will grip ok.

I've been looking at this:
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/roa...RK200000000000

I think it's the same as this one reviewed on bikeradar:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/ca...nd-pro-10-9175

any comments welcome

cheers

bt

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I own that work stand and a Mojo. It works well. The only problem being that clamping the top tube can put a bit of tension on the derailleur cables. So when working on the gears you have to either clamp the seat post or only lightly clamp the top tube. I usually just release the tension on the top tube to work on the gears, as the stand is a little light weight/unbalanced when the Mojo is clamped by the seat tube. The light weight of the stand is a plus when it comes to dragging it to enduro races. I think it only ways about 5Kgs.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    This: http://www.sagecycles.com/mm5/mercha...ontent=SE48460

is the best, IMO but since you're in the UK, don't know about availability/pricing.

flow where ever you go
    Mine works on the Joplin seatpost. I just face the cable towards the gap in the clamp. It has the same clamp as the one linked above.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    thanks for all the comments guys!

Just ordered it, not too fussed about the weight as it probably won't ever leave my garage. Lets see how good it is for 52.76 delivered!

noshortcuts, do you have the joplin 3 or 4? How's the reliability and do you run some kind of gator/sleeve to protect it?

bt

flow where ever you go
    Joplin 3, no sleeve. Mine wasn't working when I got it. Seemed like not enough air pressure. I added air myself using old Maverick instructions and it's been great since. I treat it like a shock or fork. Wipe off dirt and occasionally add oil at seal. It's also easy to take apart and clean and grease internally, or replace parts, or add air.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

The MTB Lab
    Hope the stand works for yah? I agree with ddraewwg, the Feedback Sports stands are the best, I would spend the extra and get the Pro-Elite Repair Stand, the quick release button is the sweetest. Here it is with the Command Post post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Work Stand for my mojo-feed_stand.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    just received it at work today, very impressed, managed to hold my weight (200lbs) for a second before the collar slipped, should be good now I've tightened the collar correctly!
    Seems an absolute bargain, the main tube is 50mm thick (2").
    Can't wait to get the frame on there and start sourcing the parts, I'm spending 2hrs a day researching components and still can't decide if I want, Strength, Lightweight or Pimp components as generally you can't have all 3!

bt

Members who have read this thread: 0