mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Why is Ibis Mojo used by crooks?

Do all of the high end bikes get used by crooks to try to cheat people out of money, or do they just use the Mojo cause it looks so good?

Been researching, test rode and decided on the mojo, looked for used but I want the warranty so I'll by new, but it seems like there are always ads for an Ibis Mojo where the same picture is used from other adds with different info and the dood only wants paid through insecure means.

This one dik had ads run from FL and GA with the same pic and the same info- $1,000 for a 2010 white SL, seemed to me the description had been copied and pasted from an earlier ebay ad, and of course he only wants paid through western union or send him a money order and he'll ship it...

If this has been discussed previously, sorry for bringing it up again. Sheesh.

Now this:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/bik/1953755557.html

the cable routing doesn't look like a 2011 to me and...sheesh, just look at it and read the description...
    Believe in yourself? Well, of course. Just be aware that believing in myself has been the root cause of most of my injuries!

meh
    no changes to cable routing were made on the Mojo C, looks to have the SLX kit and new Fox fork

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You're right-

I may be jumping to conclusions on this one since I seem to be seething an unnatural amount over past occurances... Thanks!

Still, I've run into it a few times and I didn't run into it when I was searching for 5-spots, so i guess i was just wondering- why Mojo's?
    Believe in yourself? Well, of course. Just be aware that believing in myself has been the root cause of most of my injuries!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato
    Still, I've run into it a few times and I didn't run into it when I was searching for 5-spots, so i guess i was just wondering- why Mojo's?
    lol who gives a ****? this thread is ridiculous...

mtbr member
    its the same guy, been doing it for months. I messed with him a while. I like to get them all fired up. His english is terribad.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    WTF? I feel dumbererest reading this thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Weird- I posted about the crook yesterday, and today I received a message from MTBR that I'm locked for 15 minutes because someone from a strange IP address tried to log in as me with the wrong password 5 times. I received the message 11 TIMES!!! Thats 55 attempts to guess my password!

Good thing I use the password "PASSWORD", nobody'll ever guess that!!

Just noticed the guy was using the pic of the nice white SL on the 3rd page of the in the "looking for used" thread.

I guess you'd have to be an idiot to fall for his ad, but if he gets better at it I'd hate to see a newb get taken by this jerk.

Be warned, I guess.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    What's an Ibis?

Members who have read this thread: 0