mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Wat size seatpost clamp/collar for mojo?

Want to swap out the SL clamp and go with a quick release style. Ibis is out of the qr in blue, so gonna go with Hope or Salsa. What size do I need? Any opinions on the two brands mentioned?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    31.6 same as Trek Top Fuel Carbon not a real common size.
    I think it might be possible to change out the bolt on the fixed collar with some quick release bolt of the correct size. I'm sure someone around here has tried something like that with a weight weenie quick release binder.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hope has one in 31.8mm and salsa has one 32.0mm. Will either of those work?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i would only use ibis brand due to shape

mx

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i would only use ibis brand due to shape
    Now if they'd only get the blue in stock, I'd be happy! Guess i'll just go all out and get a Joplin (now if only they offered that in blue!).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hold on - the seatpost is 31.6mm in diameter - I think the clamp is 34.2mm? Must be bigger than 31.6mm, since it goes over the carbon seat post sleeve.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hold on - the seatpost is 31.6mm in diameter - I think the clamp is 34.2mm? Must be bigger than 31.6mm, since it goes over the carbon seat post sleeve
    That's wat I was thinking as well. But obviously i don't know, as I asked the question!!

Slovakia (Europe)
    34.9mm will fit seat tube OK, but Ibis has specially shaped end of seat tube, so standard QR binder will not work very well and will not look nice. I guess it's an intention to spread the shear forces to carbon seat tube to wider area (not applied only in the plain) but maybe it's design purpose only. And more, usually 34.9mm QR seat binders are intended for 30.9mm seatposts, so internal diameter is not enough wide for Ibis 31.6 mm seatpost (too thick inner flange), because Ibis seat tube is thinner then normally. I've tried Tune Wurger 34.9mm, but finally sold it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PeterG; 07-13-2008 at 02:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not sure why Ibis chose that odd shape but it is a bit silly to make a frequently changed/upgraded component that unique. I wonder if other clamps can be used safely.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Agree. On my frame, the seatclamp doesnt go all the way over the sleeve, there is a gap showing. Is that the same for others, too?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Not sure why Ibis chose that odd shape but it is a bit silly to make a frequently changed/upgraded component that unique
    It wouldn't be a huge deal if they had the blue in stock. But I agree, it is a pain in the butt trying to find a part that should be readily available from Ibis

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    They are actually in stock and we just forgot to update the webstore. Should be fixed Monday.
    H

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    They are actually in stock and we just forgot to update the webstore. Should be fixed Monday.
    H
    Awesome, Thanks Hans

Members who have read this thread: 1