mtbr member
    Apr 2007

"The Waiting is the Hardest Part!"

I've only been waiting a week and half since ordering my large SL frame and I'm dying already! Most of my build-up parts have already shown up, and they are getting lonely waiting for the frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Respect!

Just be warned, a post like that has the possibility to cause flames.

I ordered my SL in Febuary, and was told it would be here in the 2nd week of April, after 4 months of "in two weeks" I got "Your bike is on a plane from China and will be here next week 100%" that was two and half weeks ago and still no word. Really I am not mad because I am still waiting, I am mad because they found a new line to get my hopes up again before dashing them against the rocks. Luckily I am entering the busiest time of my year and even if the bike arrives now I don't have a free weekend until mid September.

This will be an interesting fight, Murphy's law (I can't even ride the bike if it did arrive) vs. Ibis's horrible delivery program. (that will start the flame war all by itself).

Yes Ibis has GREAT!!!!!!! Customer Service, Yes I believe that if they had the bikes they would send the bikes, it is not a malicious conspiracy, No it is not good / well run business practice to tell your customer "in two weeks" for 4 months and then change up to " no really this time is different, it's on the plane" and still not deliver the product. Before I get totally flamed, just ask yourself if you could do that at what ever job you work at.

Yes I am still waiting and in fact just ordered Fishboys protective decal set, it is all about next year. If I thought it would be delivered in time for next years season I would cancel my order for the 08 SL and order the 09. Just don't have faith that the 09 would arrive by the end of next season.

Signed,
    Bitter Mojo SL Waiter

P.S. I predict it will take 5 minutes, ok I am pretty bitter so maybe 10 minutes, on my favorite trail on the mojo before all will be forgiven. And I will post my joy when it arrives.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah, I know a bunch of folks have been waiting a LOT longer than myself.

BTW, I found a shop that has a standard large Mojo right now, or an SL with the DT Swiss shock could be in my hands Monday (transferred from their other location)!

I want the RP23, so the SL on Monday isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I might just go pick up the std Mojo this afternoon, or I might go for the SL and live with the DT shock for a while (or forever). Either way, I'll need to cancel my order I placed at the other shop.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ya my local shop also received their order before mine. I ordered mine through the shop I used to work at (in the bay area, now I live in Bend, OR) before there was a local dealer. Then the one of my LBS (near my house there are 6 shops within a mile of each other) became a distributer and got their bikes already. I am trying to remain loyal to my old shop, but seeing a SL hanging locally and saying no for loyalty sake was a hard thing to do. Of course that is when I thought my bike was a week out due to the "on the plane" line I got. Oh well. Next time no preorders and only buying bikes that are in stock or in stock at the warehouse. This waiting sucks, I lost a whole season to loyalty and wanting the latest greatest.

Honestly I am glad that I am hearing more and more people are finding them in stock, makes me think the supply is better and after all the lbs that ordered a bunch for stock get there maybe I will get mine.

Just think of us that are still waiting at some stage of your ride and smile for us.

Peace,
    Kevin

P.S. The LBS that had one hanging has already sold it, which I am thankful for the removal of temptation.
    Last edited by Hummbird; 07-31-2008 at 02:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I know there is a Matte Clear Large Mojo SL with DT Swiss shock in stock at Cambria, because I went with the standard Mojo, and it is in my hot hands! Saved me $500, and I didn't really need the SL anyway. Build will happen over the next week, just in time for my trip to Tahoe on August 1st!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

That is not a wait.

Hmmm: that is not a wait.
    Ordered in Jan and paid a decent deposit.
    Paid in full April.
    Bike arrived end of april with small crack and a fork without paperwork.
    Returned bike to shop.may
    Shop sent new frame June but sent to wrong address so was returned to them.
    I then had some Zen inspiration " this has to be happening for a reason."
    So decided to change frame size from med to small.
    Frame shipping this week hopefully.

From June on the delay is me changing frame size. But it has been a long time.
    The hard part is I sold off my old bike and have had to combine a few different bikes into one bike so I have been able to keep riding. Didn't want to use the new mojo parts on an older bike

Anyway hopefully the wait is over and hopefully the size is correct.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I know Bobcat Bikes in Salinas has a Large SL frame with a DT shock hanging on the wall. You could call and have it on asap.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    @ mmatrix. Thanks for the perspective.

I am currently riding a single speed sworks frame with Suntour XC pro cranks from the mid 90's that is the last mountain bike I bought so I understand the "don't have another steed" concept. (btw I LOVE my single speed, it is just a different machine with a different purpose)

I also have a hefty down payment in, and in fact wanted to pay in full, but had sudden unexpected move that i had to make. My landlord was unable to renew insurance on the house because of the age of it so has to make capitol improvements. Found out two weeks ago that I had to be out quick. In the process of moving now. That is part of what makes me think it will be here any day, now I can't pay for it, have to wait for the next pay check.

Thanks for the info on available frames, I am still sticking to my loyalty guns. Really it is just the right thing for me to do. Sometimes the right thing just isn't the easy thing, oh well.

Again mmatrix. thanks for the perspective and I know if I don't have my bike there is at least one person out there that ordered before I did that still doesn't have their bike.

Still Waiting,
    Kevin

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I waited 6 months for my Anthem, now that was long. But yeah, the waiting is the hardest part but once you get your ass onto your new bike, it will all be worth it
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

The Irony

My frame is due into the shop today or tomorrow and I am leaving town for two weeks.

All I can say is after all this time and a bit of bitterness on this forum, I feel giddy knowing my bike will be ready once I am back in town.

The waiting on Ibis is hard, the waiting because I am out of town and know the bike is ready is going to be even harder. But the end is in sight.

Peace,
    Kevin

Will post pics and sometime in the beginning of September expect another Post on 1st riding impressions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I got my SL today, hope to have her built before the weekend.

Woody

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Okay woodman, looking forward to see it in the post your mojo pics here thread . Well Hummbird, all the best in waiting.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    [QUOTE=wheelhot]Okay woodman, looking forward to see it in the post your mojo pics here thread .

Unfortunately, when I pulled the frame from the box the rear D. hanger was broken. SO now I am waiting on a new hanger to get it built up. One of the highlights (other than the frame) is the Crank Bros Cobalt wheels.

Woody

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Unfortunately, when I pulled the frame from the box the rear D. hanger was broken. SO now I am waiting on a new hanger to get it built up. One of the highlights (other than the frame) is the Crank Bros Cobalt wheels.
    Ouch, well yeah, your wheels is definitely a highlight, by your sentence, you are saying that your bike have more highlights? Hmm, interesting, definitely looking forward in your new Mojo.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Ouch, well yeah, your wheels is definitely a highlight, by your sentence, you are saying that your bike have more highlights? Hmm, interesting, definitely looking forward in your new Mojo.

Lots of other goodies for sure, the wheelset however was the standout. Hope to have it built end of this week and will post the build and photos when finished.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Woodman = Woody?

Hey Woodman-- are you a trail builder per chance? Dang- I thought I'd be the only one in WNC with a SL!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yerma
    Hey Woodman-- are you a trail builder per chance? Dang- I thought I'd be the only one in WNC with a SL!
    Guilty as charged.

Where are you? Trail Dynamics is based out of Brevard, but we work all over. I have 2 staff in Philly on a project now and we will have a large staff allocation in northern VA for Sept. Likely be in Jamaica some over the winter on a project.

Should get together sometime and ride. Should have my SL built by the end of the week.

Woody

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Go back...wayyyy back...

Black Dome, 1994.
    Waiting on the SL.
    Hans said a few weeks- two weeks ago so... I imagine it will show up just as I'm going back to teaching full time! But fall riding is the best!
    I'll send you a PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Now it's getting closer! But I'll believe it when I see the frame

My shop in Sweden told me late August/early September for a Med Matte SL with blue links and the RP23.

Hans, can you confirm that the frame will leave California soon? (I assume that it's been produced and shipped from Asian already...)

/M.

PS: Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Bad internet connection...
    Last edited by elmaco; 08-27-2008 at 01:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Bad internet connection...
    Last edited by elmaco; 08-27-2008 at 01:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Still very bad internet connection...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Oh my god...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Is this a dream or did it really happen?...
    Last edited by elmaco; 08-27-2008 at 01:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    -1 for the road...
    Last edited by elmaco; 08-27-2008 at 01:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yes, last one! Sorry guys, for those of you wondering, I had a very bad internet connection
    Last edited by elmaco; 08-27-2008 at 01:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yes, last one! Sorry guys, for those of you wondering, I had a very bad internet connection
    Hmm, okay but why with the multiple messages?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Since nothing was happening, I pushed the "Post Quick Reply" button a number of times. Bad idea Could a moderator remove the useless posts?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Ok, so I got an answer from my LBS: The frame has not been sent from the US and Ibis flags a delay, the frame is due to arrive in mid-September...

The question is: how reliable is this time schedule? I've read a few threads here and there with people getting the same kind of message: "2 more weeks"...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elmaco
    The question is: how reliable is this time schedule?
    In my personal experience those promises have not been reliable. I heard the "two more weeks" explanation first time at the beginning of April and now almost five months later I still don't have my frame.

Latest promised delivery time for me too is mid September.

Luckily the Finnish Ibis distributor has been excellent and I've had a demo Mojo at my disposal since the beginning of June.

My Mojo SL matte clear size XL frame was ordered in 3rd January 2008.
    Pertti
    Lahti, Finland
    MC Kramppi

Members who have read this thread: 0