mtbr member

Vivid air on mojo hd

Hi has anyone tried a vivid air on a mojo HD and if so how well does it perform, I have seen them on Santa cruz nomads and am interested to know how it performs on a all mountain/trail bike for pedaling as well as downhill use.

MPI
    mtbr member
    Hi Spooney!
    I have one in my XL. Haven't had much time on it and fiddling around with the setup still. First impression was that the Vivid feels plusher "through" the travel than stock RP23. Second was that you can run the Vivid with greater sag without bottoming it up. Althought it doesn't have that bottoming out resistance control like RC4 have it still feels much more progressive towards end of the stroke than RP23. That's just my first impression. Pedalling is fine. Of course the RP23 pedals little better with PP. Personally I didn"t use the PP much. I heard some of RS staff have Vivid airs in HD. So I think it's not a total disaster ;-)

Greets MPI!
    http://www.kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi Guys!!

Im very interested in what kind of performance will the vivid air improve the mojo hd behaviour!!!! And 1 Important question to know cause Im looking for this shock to upgrade the dh skills of this amazing bike so:

1- What kind of tune (compression) we need to use? LOW / MEDIUM / HIGH

Thanks for all!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    hanssc help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    i would think you would want a low compression tune as the DW Link already has a lot of compression tuning built in

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by getupgetdown View Post
    i would think you would want a low compression tune as the DW Link already has a lot of compression tuning built in
    In fact, in the case of the rp23 that my mojo builds, the tune is LOW/LOW but this is only for fox, not for Rock Shox, thats why Im requesting this. But I could read here in forum mtbr that somebody has been recommending the M tune but im not completely sure about that.

Anyway, I suposse is depending at the same time of the weight of the rider, so, if youre a light rider probably the Low tune will feet better than if youre a heavy rider but its only a supposition.

At first time I though exactly the same TUNE L but I need more answers to ensure the final tune and therefore, buy the vivid air...

Thanks nonetheless getupgetdown (cool nick )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vivid air on mojo hd-dibujo1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I know its hard to tell the exactly tune for this bike but... come on!!! Therere people from ibis so its an easy question for someone who works in the brand directly!

Cheers in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    check with hans or darren at push

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    In fact Ive already done at push

Thanks!

MPI
    mtbr member
    Hi!

I have a mid tune or B-spec choosed according to leverage ratio. Here is another thread about the tune.

BR
    MPI
    http://www.kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Ok! So Finally MID-TUNE or B-Spec!

Thanks to all!

GravityPilots
    Aug 2011
    And how about the RS Monarch Plus? It is a really light damper (355g), but can it live up to the standard of Vivid Air and Fox DHX Air? Any experiences?

The Crow

Monarch Plus

Quote Originally Posted by trickn0l0gy View Post
    And how about the RS Monarch Plus? It is a really light damper (355g), but can it live up to the standard of Vivid Air and Fox DHX Air? Any experiences?
    I have one on my HD and am plenty happy. A LOT easier to setup than a dhx and its quite a bit better in the performance department too.
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

Members who have read this thread: 0