mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Van 36 or Lyrik Coil on HD

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with either a Van 36 RC2 or a Lyrik coil and if so which one did you like better and why? I'm getting an HD and would like to try a coil fork. My old nomad had a lyrik solo air which was nice but I felt it lacked small bump compliance and am looking to try something new. Thanks!

aka dan51
    I went through the same dilema a few years ago.
    I went with the Lyrik for 2 reasons.
    1. with mission control I can have the fork almost locked out with the push of a button
    2. adjustable travel. The vanilla isn't internally adjustable, so I'd always be stuck with something that might not be perfect.

1 reason to go Fox is YOU as an end user can call them for help or parts. RS forces you to go through a dealer, adding in a middle man to not properly explain the problem, causing longer repair times when the wrong part gets ordered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'll add one really big additional reason to go Lyrik. Easy to service yourself, really easy. Once you've go the hang of doing your forks you'll never look back. Often all they need is fresh oil and grease to get them to be box fresh. RS Lyrik, Pike and Boxxers take ten minutes but Foxes look to be a bit more complicated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Interesting... I always felt that my 08 lyrik was never dialed in properly. It seemed to me that regardless of how much I turned the HSC or LSC it really had no effect. Either it was blowing through its travel or I was ridding a jack hammer when hitting a series of rocks/roots. With that said it was butter on the big stuff. Also is the u-turn rock shox's basic coil fork?

Members who have read this thread: 0