mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Upside down RP23 on Mojo SL

I could do with some expert (or any) help. The thread on the DT Swiss Carbon shock has degraded to the point that I cannot inflate using a shock-pump and it is in desperate need of a service. I have a Fox RP23 from another bike but, because of the fittings, I can only mount it upside down/inverted i.e Air canister towards the rear of the bike. Is this a complete no-no or does it make little difference? (You can tell I'm no engineer!)

Thanks for your time.

aka dan51
    Should be fine.
    Best thing to do is mount it with no air, then cycle the suspension to make sure it's not going to be a problem.

Dropshot Champ!
    it is absolutely fine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Red
    I could do with some expert (or any) help. The thread on the DT Swiss Carbon shock has degraded to the point that I cannot inflate using a shock-pump and it is in desperate need of a service. I have a Fox RP23 from another bike but, because of the fittings, I can only mount it upside down/inverted i.e Air canister towards the rear of the bike. Is this a complete no-no or does it make little difference? (You can tell I'm no engineer!)

Thanks for your time.
    If it is the same overall length (7.875") and has the same shaft travel (2") you can install it. (40mm wide shock hardware with an 8mm through hole in the rear, 22 mm wide with an 8mm through hole in the front.)

**Do not mount a shock that is shorter or has more travel, you will ruin your frame**

As to how it rides, that will be dependent on the tune. Mojos usually like a low compression and rebound tune.

H

Members who have read this thread: 0