mtbr member
    Sep 2005

From Turner to Mojo

Not really a fair comparison actually. Up first is my 2002 Turner XCE "tricked out with an RP3." Will say this about the bike, have done next to no maintenance on it for years on it still rides pretty damn good. 4 x 4 travel always felt pretty plush to me at least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From Turner to Mojo-phpmfcsxpam.jpg  

From Turner to Mojo-phpveloedam-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

And the main attraction

Sorry for the crummy pics. Guess my Droid Incredible isn't so incredible.

SL with XT kit. Damn this sucker is plush. Like mountain biking while youre on the couch. Actually have only ridden around the parking lot of apartment complex so far. Spent two nights so far setting up (mind you it came to me pre built). Im not a great wrencher I gotta say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From Turner to Mojo-phpdklfs9am.jpg  

From Turner to Mojo-phpivuas0am.jpg  

From Turner to Mojo-phpr9qlpqam.jpg  

From Turner to Mojo-phpthn5u8am.jpg  

From Turner to Mojo-phpwzl6apam.jpg  

Well Biked
    Holy spacers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ummm. With that many spacers I'd say the frame was too small. Seriously, lose some spacer and run a higher rise bar, I would want to ride anything rough with that many.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

its only 12 spacers

its only 12, 5mm spacers which is like 6cm or less than 2.5 inches. may drop it down to 10 or 11 spacers depending.

on my last bike (also a size large 19inch, the turner) I was running 9 spacers, I wanted to be a bit more upright on this bike

Im only 6 feet tall but I gots wicked long legs so I gotta jack my post way up.

I have owned one XL bike in my life and just did not like the fit of it

Singletrack Addict!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scepticshock
    Holy spacers!
    Hahahaha, good catch.... you forgot ''Batman'' there!

mtbr member
    Mastakilla,

You should have tried an XL mojo before you bought the large. It's the perfect inbetweener size for us 6'/6'1" guys with long legs. I'm sure you'll still love the large anyway - it's a badass bike!

mtbr member
    Comparing a bike that old isn't fair, but I have a 2008 Turner Highline, and comparing that to the suspension on the Mojo is like night and day (OK still not a fair comparison since one is a freeride bike vs trail bike but both are boutique frames). I don't get the hype with those older Turners...bumpy rear, jacking, and doesn't track worth f. Maybe the Mojo spoiled me, but I'm looking to replace my Highline now with a better suspension designed freeride bike (unfortunately the HD isn't going to cut it. ). Oh geez, I hope I didn't push the old guard Turner folk to come romping in defending their single pivot awesomeness...

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by monkies
    (unfortunately the HD isn't going to cut it. )
    Cuz you ride better than Lopes eh? What's great for him is obviously subpar for you

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    Cuz you ride better than Lopes eh? What's great for him is obviously subpar for you
    Lopes is a pro, he can ride a bmx freeride and still live. Weekend warriors like most of us need a bike to be over engineered to do something remotely similar to Lopes would. Furthermore, Lopes gets free stuff should he breaks his HD. Most weekend warriors checkbooks are kept in checked by the wives. Bottomline: nobody in here has the skills and resources as Lopes to be freeriding their HD. If freeride is the goal, then there are much better bikes at a cheaper price then the HD. Do the math man!

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by chauzie
    Lopes is a pro, he can ride a bmx freeride and still live. Weekend warriors like most of us need a bike to be over engineered to do something remotely similar to Lopes would. Furthermore, Lopes gets free stuff should he breaks his HD. Most weekend warriors checkbooks are kept in checked by the wives. Bottomline: nobody in here has the skills and resources as Lopes to be freeriding their HD. If freeride is the goal, then there are much better bikes at a cheaper price then the HD. Do the math man!
    WOW!!
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    spacers? lol are you setting it up like a trike?
    Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Kinesis FF29

aka dan51
    Give the OP a break guys. He's got a Mojo now, we should be happy for him.

Enjoy your new toy, you'll love it. Spacers and all.

Quote Originally Posted by chauzie
    monkies and ddreawwg are riding buddies, so his comment is totally appropriate and expected

Members who have read this thread: 0