mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Tranny: what do you think of it and what size?

I'm intrigued by the Tranny pictures, many of them look truly beautiful, but there are only three reviews. What do people use them for, is it as good as it looks? I'd like thoughts on size too. I'm 5'10-11 and I've got a large mojo. This feels about right though I might be shortening the stem and widening the bar. The Tranny intrigues me. I've got two bikes at the moment, the mojo which is my big ride bike and a Scott Spark 10, which I race. I've probably got enough parts to make up a new bike and the Tranny seems like a good frame to start. Most of the published reviews are all a bit repetitive with a lot of stuff about the 'slot' and not a lot about the ride.

mtbr member
    I have a lrg mojo and lrg tranny. 5'11"ish 165ish, my buddy who is taller and ~+100lbs has kicked it around and giggled.
    In all its a hard tail. With a nice fork and wheels its a super sweet bike.
    The rear triangle is super nifty if SS / traveling is in your future.
    Is there cheaper options? yup. But I am a big fan of the co. so I wanted my hardtail to be an ibis too.

"ride" feel is going to be more influenced by what you bolt on to it. Its not like a f/s where the links/ geometry make such a huge buying choice.
    I think its a very solid quality feeling frame that if needed can do some cool tricks (ss and travel). Will I use either? Maybe the SS but I rather like my 1x9 set up.

I use mine to haul a kiddie trailer, take paths, ride in very rough untamed wild area near the house for kicks, ride to town, lend it to buddies to take to trails that I use my mojo on etc etc.
    note to self, do not read rider down forum.

Members who have read this thread: 0