mtbr member

Today My Ibis died....

So it was a spectacular after work ride.... up the mountain with stunning views ....

but it did not end well when i noticed i was having excessive brake drag ...... on closer inspection i found this....

I phoned my LBS and he is going to speak to the local supplier... lets just hope the service here is as good as the service you guys get in the US....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Today My Ibis died....-img_0004.jpg  

Today My Ibis died....-img_0007.jpg  

Today My Ibis died....-img_0008.jpg  

Today My Ibis died....-img_0009.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    oh my gosh!!
    but a Mojo will never die, Ibis will fix it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    mine did exactly the same thing, and Ibis were amazing in their support!

mtbr member
    sweet ...lets hope i can get her up and running buy the weekend .... my new lefty max and ID9 wheels arrive this week and I am going to be dying to build her up....

just a question...what would be stronger ? the Alloy insert on the standard carbon mojo, or the pressed carbon ones on the SL ?

pooter
    Aug 2008
    I see a new rear swing-arm in your future! I had a crack in mine and IBIS was all over the no-fault replacement at cost. You'll be up and running in no time!

bike rider
    Ask if you can get an SL swingarm for a minor upcharge.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    JB Weld

mtbr member
    I don't think JB weld would work here.....then again...it could be the wonder glue i have yet to discover.

Ill wait and see what Ibis has to say ...

mtbr member
    The same thing happened to mine recently. I emailed pictures to Ibis the next morning after it happened, I had a shipping tracking number that same day. I received the replacement swing arm in less then a week.

mtbr member
    mmm

I wonder if i should perhaps send a email directly to Ibis....
    my local agent is kinda taking his time with no info.... (at least keep me informed as to what is happening..... weekend is coming and i need to know what to do...)

mtbr member
    It can't hurt. You'll def hear back from them ASAP. Aaron at the factory is top notch!

mtbr member
    if i have not head anythign buy friday morning ill email Ibis.

Ill give my local agent the benefit of the doubt ....strange... same thing happened to my riding buddy a few months back, he skipped the local agent and went str8 to Ibis US .... got a response and a new back end was with him in 4 days.

I though I would do the right thing and go via the local importers (agent) ....

So this makes me wonder.... If I purchase say a HD to replace my Prophet MX , should i get it via the local agent or get it online from one of the US stores? since you can deal directly with ibis if anything happens, why should i stress myself out by trying to deal with the local guys?

mtbr member
    well.. The only reason I went direct is because I don't have a LBS to deal with. I think the standard policy is to go through your LBS (agent).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    if i have not head anythign buy friday morning ill email Ibis.

Ill give my local agent the benefit of the doubt ....strange... same thing happened to my riding buddy a few months back, he skipped the local agent and went str8 to Ibis US .... got a response and a new back end was with him in 4 days.

I though I would do the right thing and go via the local importers (agent) ....

So this makes me wonder.... If I purchase say a HD to replace my Prophet MX , should i get it via the local agent or get it online from one of the US stores? since you can deal directly with ibis if anything happens, why should i stress myself out by trying to deal with the local guys?
    As far as I am aware Ibis dealers aren't allowed to ship directly out of the US. You might be able to get them to ship to a forwarder but they won't ship direct. I sent an Email to the Japan Ibis agent six months asking about Tranny pricing and am still waiting for a reply. Same letter to the Niner agent got a reply in under 24 hrs. Local agents have different priorities from the manufacturer.

mtbr member
    yea I suppose i can use a forwarding agent, ... as said, ill wait until Friday and see what happens .....maybe they have already sorted everything out and just have not informed me.

mtbr member
    Update on this:

Seems Ibis US already sent out a new rear triangle on wed ...so from that side ...awesome customer service Ibis ... the reason I have a Ibis sticker on my car....And a HD in the pipeline

seems it was just the SA dealer this side that was being scarce in terms of communication to me..

so all sorted... will post pics of the new machine when all arrives (with new project 321 hubs )

mtbr member
    Great news.

Members who have read this thread: 0