Guesswho117
    Jan 2008

Stop Hosing Down Your Bike

Stop Hosing Down Your Bike. Those were the exact words my friend and mechanic kept telling me over the years. I'm the type of person who likes riding a clean bike and would always hose down my bike right after a ride. Well unfortunately with doing so, I would always get unwanted water in places that would cause corrosion, creaks and whatever else that one shouldn't have. So after 13 years of hosing down my bikes and getting my Mojo SL last year, I decided it was time to listen. What I do now is, wait till all the mud and dust dries, brush the dirt off and wipe it down with a wet towel or rag. Works great. Bike looks clean. No more creaks and no more problems.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I give my baby a sponge bath every 3-4 rides with a towel that s barely dripping wet. That way water isn't getting into places it shouldn't be. You just need to be careful where you use the water. Wash it with a really damp towel, then rinse it in a bucket of water with a tiny bit of soap and repeat. You don't have to get her completely clean with the damp towel, just get all the caked-on stuff off. Then when she's almost dry, the rest will come off with a slightly damp towel. Finish her off with a dry towel, lubricate all the moving parts, and voilà ! That's how I do it, and I enjoy every minute of it! It's like bathing Meagan Fox, my Mojo is just as sexy!

Cheers,
    Majorbonr

mtbr member
    mmm this will be a hard habit to break... I wash my bike after every ride.. I cant help it... it just looks so pretty when it is clean....

rinse off with a love pressure hose...
    wash with soap and water sponge...
    rinse off again...
    let it dry in the hot african sun

whala ... all shiny.

Has a cycling disorder
    love pressure hose?

why you naughty man ;-)
    Frameskin™ Bike Protection Film
    www.frameskin.com
    Dirtsurfer™ Custom mudguards
    www.dirtsurfer.com.au

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishboy2807
    love pressure hose?

why you naughty man ;-)
    LOL!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Works really well.

Makes it bling and harder for the dirt to stick to it in the first place. Really brings out that Carbon weave in my Cannondale Carbon Moto.

Members who have read this thread: 0