mtbr member
    Jul 2010

specialized stem on a Mojo SL HELP!!!!

Well, after a lengthy week long wait, I picked up my new mojo SL in flat black last night at the lbs. Unfortunately as I suspected the stem was too long and so they swapped out a shorter one (110 to 90 ). The problem? The new one is a specialized now I know I'm being a little Petty ***** but I feel slightly dirty having a specialized part on my bike. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement for it? Also, is there a place I can get just the cap for a cane creek headset? My buddy asked if he could have mine since it wouldn't have worked with the spech stem, and I foolishly let him take it. If it comes down to it I'll just tell him I need it back but wanted to try finding one before I did that.

mtbr member
    Ibis sells stems on their website. They are really nice,light and cheap. You can also find a nice carbon cap on ebay cheap. Enjoy the bike.
    milesW

mtbr member
    Try a Bontrager....

flow where ever you go
    I thought I felt flex in the handlebar with the Ibis stem. I compared it to others I have (Thomson, Syntace, and Truvativ Stylo Race) and notice it has a narrow grip on the handlebar in comparison. Truvativ stem was cheap, has a good build, and weighs only 135 grams. Thomson always works for me. The Syntace has the best grip of a carbon bar but I have to send it back for a replacement because it doesn't have equal planes top and bottom and so won't tighten down evenly on the headset (1mm difference front to back).

I'll bet your LBS has a box of spare top caps.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Just put a sticker or something over the name. Or better yet, don't look at the stem You can get a nice customized top cap from purleycustom.com
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

Unpredictable
    It's fun being dirty. I have a Spech 70mm stem on mine and it works fine for me - even though it is baby poo brown.

mtbr member
    Thomson X4 all the way every time

Members who have read this thread: 0