Should I run a Fox Float DPS Evol Sleeve Or Fox X2 on my Mojo HD3?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Should I run a Fox Float DPS Evol Sleeve Or Fox X2 on my Mojo HD3?

I am having a bit of a dilemma.

The Cane Creek DBInline has failed on my Mojo HD3 so I need to buy a new shock.

But should I get a Fox Float DPS with Evol Sleeve or should I get a Fox Float X2 with compression level?

I live in the UK and do all of my riding in the UK, so there are no 3000ft (1000m) descents. I do drops that maybe measure 3ft (1m) on my local trails.

I take my bike to trail centres like Afan, Cwmcarn or Llandegla once a month. So there are are decent descents and I tend to go for it on them, although I do not consider myself a downhill hero. I do tend to be in the top 10% in Strava descents, so I probably give my shock a good workout.

I enjoy climbing as much as descending, so I want a shock that helps me go up, instead of acting like a sponge.

I'm quite big (or a Fat Bas***d) and probably weigh 220lb (100kg) all kitted up and ready to ride.

I run a Fox F36 RC2 on the front and I think it is the best fork I have ever used.

Will I benefit enough from the X2's heat dissipation to justify the extra weight and cost?

Or should I go with the DPS because I'm just not getting enough big hits to justify it.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Or split the difference and go for the Float X.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hadn't thought of that

mtbr member
    May 2012
    For $80usa more you get the float x2. Or get the float dps evol and replace the air can sleeve with the corset aircan sleeve. I'm thinking a float x for my mojo 3 build but for now I have replaced the evol aircan with the corset.
    Last edited by ckspeed; 01-10-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    '18 SC Tallboy CC_Wife
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv_Kid
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '17 SC Bronson CC

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I've got a XFusion Vector Air on my HD3, lots of adjustment (hsc,lsc,can volume via a turny knob and can pressure via another valve). I've only done a couple of rides on it (1 at Afan!) but it seems very good.

Not sure the breakaway is quite as good as the X2, but its a fair bit cheaper.

May contain nuts
    If you go Float X, you'll need the biggest volume spacer avail, and possibly a re-valve to get enough rebound at higher pressure. I'm at the edge of rebound range, at ~10lb less weight. I suspect the X2 will require similar fettling, given the new restrictions on volume bands.
    Should I run a Fox Float DPS Evol Sleeve Or  Fox X2 on my Mojo HD3?-015.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks, it is looking like I will go with the X2 and I will certainly bear your advice in mind when I set it up

That is a nice looking bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk