EJC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

RPL vs PUSHED 2010 RP23 with Boost Valve

I have a 2010 RP23 on my Mojo Sl. Debating about buying a RPL or getting the RP23 PUSHED. My main consideration is which will give me a more plush ride. The lockout on the RPL is nice but not a major consideration. Thanks in advance.

bike rider
    All Boost Valve does is ramp up the compression damping as it goes into the travel. This gives better bottom out resistance but causes the shock to get harsher as it goes into the travel. Most reports are of the 2010 RP23s being harsh. I think the stock RPL is pretty plush but it will get plusher (less spike) with a Push tune.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJC
    I have a 2010 RP23 on my Mojo Sl. Debating about buying a RPL or getting the RP23 PUSHED. My main consideration is which will give me a more plush ride. The lockout on the RPL is nice but not a major consideration. Thanks in advance.
    If plush is your goal, Push is no doubt your best route vs. RPL. RPL has some advantages, but among those is not more plushness over RP23 from what I've heard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My experience too. Push for plush. Controls the mid stroke better too

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was told by The Bike Company that they have learned that the RPL is more plush than the RP23. I didn't ask them anything about a Pushed RP23 though. You should give them a call and ask them for they're take on the subject. They sell a lot of Ibis's with both rear shocks so they would have solid information for you. Unless someone here has owned both an RPL and a Pushed RP23, i dont think anyone could give you much advise on the 2 sid-by-side. Ask for Joe, he's one of the owners and also Brian Lopes Mechanic. last time I asked Joe, he said he ran an RPL also. He was the person who advised me on getting the RPL intead of the 2010 RP23. I've got about 200 miles on my RPL and it has been VERY plush from the start.I don't think Push custom tunes the RPL, only overhauls.

Here's the likn to The Bike Company, http://www.bikeco.com/

cheers,
    majorbonr
    Last edited by majorbonr; 09-27-2009 at 02:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Also, if i remember correctly, Push will just bypass the boost valve anyways. So your 2010 RP23 will be like a 2009 except it will have a softer Propedal. Do a search here for a 2010 RP23 thread that discusses these subjects, i recall reading it around here. If you buy an RPL, you'll have 2 shocks. You can use one for a back-up shock when the other is being serviced, just a thought.

cheers,
    Majorbonr
    Last edited by majorbonr; 09-27-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0