mtbr member
    Sep 2007

RP23 compression tune

Hi first post to the forum. Got my XL nude Ibis mojoj frame today yippy.https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/smile5.gif

The RP23 compression tune has a low pressure symbol on the shok. I am 6'2'' and my weight is 89kg. The riding I intend to do on the bike is mainly long distance endurance races. My question is this the correct shok compression for my weight and the style of riding that I do.

The bike will be built tomorrow and pics will follow

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my question

flow where ever you go
    I'll bet it will be fine. _DW has said nothing more than low is needed for the Mojo. On the other hand this is the first one I've heard of that came with "low", so I'm not sure if many have experience to share with you. I'm sure Hans will answer the question if you contact Ibis.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    I had to send it to PUSH to essentially get the low tune plus better behaviour. Mine came with medium.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The latest frames are shipping with the '09 Fox shocks tuned to low compression. The '08's had medium compression. There was a post somewhere that Hans from Ibis mentioned the change.

Clem

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The low compression tune seems to be perfect for most riders with the 09 rp23.
    But there is always the exception, a group of us guys that like a medium compression tune. My SL came with a medium even though it shipped last month. I would not want a low tune even at 158 pounds body weight. This is an all moutain marathon race bike build and not a dh or freeride build which suits many riders. That said I will check out the RPL Hans has tested and see if the lockout but plush open position offers the best of both worlds but still gives a medium platform setting if needed. Hope to mount it next week. (That sounded funny.)
    Last edited by ghawk; 07-26-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0