Ripmo vs Megatower- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ripmo vs Megatower

Has anyone had the chance to ride the Ripmo and the Megatower? If so, do you have any feedback on the differences? Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    there is some thread already...

mtbr member
    Could not find a thread specifically addressing this. Can you direct me to it? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The bikes are not comparable, theyíre built for completely different types of riding.

The Ripmo is a long legged trail bike that can do Enduro racing. Itís a more like the evolution of the HD3, which could do Enduro racing but wasnít really built for it.

The mega tower is more of a dh bike that can do Enduro racing. The best bike to compare a mega tower to is a Pivot Firebird 29Ē.

The Ripmo is more like a High tower than the mega tower.

Just my opinion, yours may vary.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mtfun4bill View Post
    Has anyone had the chance to ride the Ripmo and the Megatower? If so, do you have any feedback on the differences? Thanks
    reading your other posts for context, you're probably going to want a new HT or MT. i'd say Ripmo if you prioritize pedalling, but otherwise HT.

mtbr member
    Funny I am demoing the Megatower right now in XL and comparing it to Ripmo I have already demoed. I have about 4 rides now on it and have to say for the majority of my riding I prefer the Ripmo. Itís more nimble and pops a little better. Paint is more fragile on the Ripmo.

The MT is a quiet bike and the first Santa Cruz I have ever said that about, no creaks, chain slap noise, cable rattle, etc and this demo has some miles on it. I would say it climbs well almost as good as the Ripmo. I am having a hard time getting the suspension balanced front and rear on it. If I get the rear feeling good the front feels either too soft or too hard and vice versa and trying to dial out the front end pushing has been a challenge and why I am having a hard time balancing the two.