bike addict
    Jan 2004

Ripmo versus Offering

I'm kinda split between these two frames. I've posted this query also in the evil forum to even out the bias.

I'm alittle over 6'2", 185#. Opting for a XL Ripmo X2 shock versus L Offering.

I am coming from a Following V1. I ride primarily trails. See climbing as an necessary evil in order to rip the downs. My style is stability and just smash and plow down the most direct fall line. I also do 2 to 3 enduro races a season. This would be my only mtb in my quiver.

Thanks

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Ripmo is a better all around trail bike and the frame is 1lb ish lighter. Offering should be a couple percent better on a full DH track.
    I have the ripmo in XL and a buddy just got an Xl Offering. I'm going to try and swap him bikes within the next month.

Ripmo versus Offering-screenshot_2018-12-08-09-37-49.jpg
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    Ripmo is a better all around trail bike and the frame is 1lb ish lighter. Offering should be a couple percent better on a full DH track.
    I have the ripmo in XL and a buddy just got an Xl Offering. I'm going to try and swap him bikes within the next month.
    Curious why you think the Offering would be better downhill? Not questioning, but genuinely interested. Longer reach and WB on the offering VS. The slacker HA of the Ripmo?

mtbr member
    From owning an Insurgent and going to a RipMo, Iíd say itís down to the suspension design. The delta is incredibly plush. Like DH bike plush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #bleedblackdieevil

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Quote Originally Posted by philstone View Post
    From owning an Insurgent and going to a RipMo, Iíd say itís down to the suspension design. The delta is incredibly plush. Like DH bike plush.

This. I demoed a Wreckoning for 4 days in Moab and really like the bike. It is too much bike to haul around and the rear suspension was tuned for DH. The plushness was amazing and it had the ability to take any size drop at full speed.
    The Delta link is a great plush design that responds well to square edge hits. It trades climbing and pop for DH. Overall the balance is very very good.

I was instantly comfortable on the Ripmo. First ride out of the gate it climbed great, felt playful, composed and jumped great. There are almost zero drawbacks to it. It is a jack of all trades and is one of the best is every category. DW with an X2 is incredibly plush and poppy at the same time. Verses the Delta it doesn't have the same plow feel.

Both are the best of the best.

Ibis can use a longer dropper.
    Ibis is lighter by 1lb
    Ibis has a better warranty
    Evil can take an 11-6
    Evil has an adjustable BB height.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    I think the answer will depend on which is most important to you? All round playfulness or DH plowing? Either way you wonít go wrong. Itís probably similar to comparing an Audi R8 V10 and a Lambo. Both are incredible and the differences are minimal.

#bleedblackdieevil

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    If you ride rowdy and in the PNW the Offering is more versatile, especially if you want a coil like the Hazard or 11-6. The offering has better midplatform support for jumping poppyness. The Evil is like owning two bikes in one if you change the flip chip and rear shock. The Ripmo is a better climber and all around trail bike.