Ripmo lighter weight tire options- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ripmo lighter weight tire options

I have to admit, love the bike but 80% of the time, I still go for my old Ripley LS V2 with a set of fast trail/cross country tires (Rekon/Ikon combo) since my local trails (Henry Coe SP don't really require anything too aggressive.

Still, I'd like to ride the RIpmo more so what Maxxis combo would you suggest? No Schwalbe for me as they have proven to be too fast wearing for the Norcal trails I ride. With Maxxis, thinking about running a Rekon 2.4WT on the rear as oppose to the stock aggressor. Maybe keep the DHF on front.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Have you tried swapping the wheelset from the ripley to the Ripmo to see if it is worthwhile?

I tried Roval SLs with Mezcals on the Ripmo a few times. For eastbay gravel grinding I actually preferred it to the Ripley. Other places the juice wasnt worth the squeeze.

Maybe try a Maxxis Griffin on the rear with the DHF if you want to keep it matchy matchy. I'm currently running specialized eliminators with black diamond casing on the Ripmo and for the most part like them for norcal riding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    Have you tried swapping the wheelset from the ripley to the Ripmo to see if it is worthwhile?
    My Ripley is 142mm spacing with Shimano while the Ripmo is XD with 148mmm. Cant be more incompatible than that ;-)

I tried a Schwalbe Hans Dampf with a Maxxis Ardent Race. Was not too bad but since then have commandeered.

Humm, Maxxis Griffin.I can find it on Jenson USA but seems to have disappeared from Maxxis web site.

Just a flesh wound
    The Rekon comes in a 29 x 2.6WT, 3C, EXO, TR and 780 grams.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Ripmo now.

g=9.764m/s2
    780g is the 27.5 w/60 TPI... the 29 w/120 TPI is 890g. For 80 more grams, the new Vittoria Agarro tread is worth checking out as an alternative to Maxxis Rekon...available online tomorrow, 10/15.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    On my Ripmo I started out with a DHF 2.5WT on the front and Agressor 2.5WT out the back. Plenty of grip, but a bit slow on the rolling/pedalling. I'm currently playing with a Continental Der Baron 2.4" up the front with a Trail King 2.4" out the back - both the newer versions, not the old.

So far I'm really liking it. The Der Baron has a more open tread pattern than the DHF, but the rubber is a fair bit stickier (maybe not so good for durability, but too soon to tell). The Trail King is a nicer tyre overall for my preference off a loose back tyre - rolls much better than the Agressor, and is a little bit more of a party out the back. For reference, on my HD3 my favourite rear was a Minion SS.

There's not much of a weight difference between the Maxxis & Conti combo, but the bike is easier to pedal and more lively on the pickup.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist30 View Post
    780g is the 27.5 w/60 TPI... the 29 w/120 TPI is 890g. For 80 more grams, the new Vittoria Agarro tread is worth checking out as an alternative to Maxxis Rekon...available online tomorrow, 10/15.
    The 29 x 2.6 Rekon with EXO is listed at 780 grams, the EXO+ is 890. Even though most of the EXO's I've bought were over 800 grams. sigh
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    How about a Maxxis Dissector 2.4WT front and back?

change is good
    Sep 2004
    Bontrager XR5 2.6 front, SE4 2.4 rear. Much faster than 2.5 DHF/Aggressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Also interested in this topic.

I live in front range, CO area. Started off with Assegai 2.5 and Aggressor 2.5 on Ibis aluminum S35 wheels. Felt pretty solid for starters. The assegai had kind of a weird break point, and I ended up going back to my trusted DHR2 WT 2.4 on the front. Love that tire.

Then, started thinking about back tire options. Was initially going to just run the Aggressor 2.5 until it wore out, but I felt like the tire was slow as a mofo. Prbly would be fine if I was doing more shuttles and lift access riding, but front range climbs can be long and abusive. So I decided to try something else.

Just threw on a Griffin 2.3 and so far I'm super happy with it. The bike finally pedals well AND descends well. Kind of depends on what you want for rear traction. I like a rear tire that predictably breaks and slides when I want it to. I don't need something super grippy and wide back there. With the wide rims, you can run lower pressures and I feel like climbing traction is plenty. Also feel like stopping power is decent for how I ride.

I'm curious about the new Dissector. Couldn't find one in stock. Rekon 2.4 WT also intrigues me. Also hear great things about the Bontrager XR5/4 combo.

I'm going to run the Griffin for now and see how long it lasts...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
    Bontrager XR5 2.6 front, SE4 2.4 rear. Much faster than 2.5 DHF/Aggressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    On my Ripmo I'm running the XR4 2.4 front and XR3 2.4 rear....love it. Was suggested this combo by another NC Ripmo rider who likes it as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Running XR4 2.6 front and rear and very happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I just did a ride on hans dampf and a Nobby Nic 29x2.6 in speed grip swapped off a Ripley 4. They were incredibly fast. Currently have DHF 2.6 front and DHR2 2.4 rear. Made my bike climb like a Ripley. Not anywhere near the outrite grip of the maxxis.

Thinking of trying some rekons.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I use 2.6" XR5 / 2.4" SE4 for mountain trips, 2.4" Dissector / 2.4" Rekon DC for local mixed terrain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I have too many tires now and tried the stock dhf and agg and they were fine. Went to Utah and put on a couple reckons 2.6 and it’s crazy light but front end was a bit unstable so put a forekaster on the front with it, awesome!!. But now I’m back home in the Rockies and have a dhr2 in the back with a assegai exo+, again awesome.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    I used the 2.6” Forekaster and 2.4” Rekon with good success for average trail riding on my Ripmo. Much lighter and faster for pedally trails than the dhf and aggressor. They are mounted on S35 rims.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Dude View Post
    I used the 2.6” Forekaster and 2.4” Rekon with good success for average trail riding on my Ripmo. Much lighter and faster for pedally trails than the dhf and aggressor. They are mounted on S35 rims.
    I think that combo sounds intriguing. Interestingly, I think Ibis has it stated in their manual that they think 2.6" is the sweet spot for modern day tire tech. For guys who likely do LOTS of product testing, it's interesting to see. Of course, the variable that exists is terrain and weather. And that varies quite a bit across the country. What works well for some, technically should not work well for others. Here in CO it's a lot of dry terrain most of the year. Anyone have much experience on the Dissector?

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    I think that combo sounds intriguing. Interestingly, I think Ibis has it stated in their manual that they think 2.6" is the sweet spot for modern day tire tech. For guys who likely do LOTS of product testing, it's interesting to see. Of course, the variable that exists is terrain and weather. And that varies quite a bit across the country. What works well for some, technically should not work well for others. Here in CO it's a lot of dry terrain most of the year. Anyone have much experience on the Dissector?
    I ran the 2.6” Forekaster front and rear but it rubbed my Ripmo frame on g-outs and I switched to a 2.4” rear. I have not tried the 2.6” Rekon but it might work (not rub the frame?) but I did not want to spend the money to find out.

I like the 2.6” tires better for mild trail riding as it hides the trail chatter more and add a bit of traction.

screamer
    For Bay Area riding on the Ripmo I like the 2.4 Rekon or 2.35 Forekaster Rear / DHR II 2.35 front for a reasonably fast and light setup that doesn’t sacrifice too much traction or durability. Outside of the Maxxis family I like the SE4 2.4R/XR4 2.6F combo that others have suggested.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Hey - also CO Front Range, Ripmo, frustrated w/ DHF/Agg so experimenting w/ lighter tires.

YES, Dissector is great!! Check out that thread... lots of opinions on it (and I just put in a huge review of Dissector, too).

My 2 cents: while I love Schwalbe compounds, they don’t have a good dry-weather tire to replace DHF on our trails.

Front, Dissector is a mini-DHF and felt really solid when I got the PSI down low (18 was my sweet-spot). I just picked the tires up a couple weeks ago from a shop in canada. Shipping wasn’t bad, but tires overpriced. Worth it, IMHO.

Rear - I’ve been playing w/ MinionSS. Stupid-fast, corners great. Makes ~90% of climbs w/out slipping out (if I’m careful). Breaking is total shit.

I’ve heard a lot of folks on the Dissector thread use the 2.4 Rekon out back w/ Dissector up front and love it. I think I’ll try upgrading the SS—>Rekon for just a little more grip.

Dissector on Rear will be slower, but good for agressive stuff. Folks say “rolls better than Aggressor”, but prob not in the league of Griffin/Rekon/SS.

In a perfect world, I’d like to have serval sets of wheels w/ different tires mounted, depending on my ride. Ripmo is enough of a chameleon to make that work.

g=9.764m/s2
    Check out the fresh rider reviews in the Vittoria Agarro thread...

trailpimp
    Jul 2007
    Laserjock: Wondering what about the dhf / aggressor combo has you frustrated?

mtbr member
    The light version of wtb trailboss on rear DHF on front

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackho View Post
    The light version of wtb trailboss on rear DHF on front
    Per their website:
    29 x 2.6" TCS Light/Fast Rolling + Slash Guard 1195g
    29 x 2.4" TCS Light/Fast Rolling + Slash Guard 1196g

Is that really a fast rolling setup? The treads look pretty beefy, almost looks like an Assegai or are they lower like a Nevegal?
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I am wondering this also. I am actually on a Ripley V4, but looking to change tires. The NN and HD just aren't durable enough for me.

I am looking for a good all around trail tire that won't slow me down on the climbs but has enough traction for some down hill. How does everyone feel about 2.4" width over the 2.6"? Notice any significant differences?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laserjockrock View Post
    Hey - also CO Front Range, Ripmo, frustrated w/ DHF/Agg so experimenting w/ lighter tires.

YES, Dissector is great!! Check out that thread... lots of opinions on it (and I just put in a huge review of Dissector, too).

My 2 cents: while I love Schwalbe compounds, they don’t have a good dry-weather tire to replace DHF on our trails.

Front, Dissector is a mini-DHF and felt really solid when I got the PSI down low (18 was my sweet-spot). I just picked the tires up a couple weeks ago from a shop in canada. Shipping wasn’t bad, but tires overpriced. Worth it, IMHO.

Rear - I’ve been playing w/ MinionSS. Stupid-fast, corners great. Makes ~90% of climbs w/out slipping out (if I’m careful). Breaking is total shit.

I’ve heard a lot of folks on the Dissector thread use the 2.4 Rekon out back w/ Dissector up front and love it. I think I’ll try upgrading the SS—>Rekon for just a little more grip.

Dissector on Rear will be slower, but good for agressive stuff. Folks say “rolls better than Aggressor”, but prob not in the league of Griffin/Rekon/SS.

In a perfect world, I’d like to have serval sets of wheels w/ different tires mounted, depending on my ride. Ripmo is enough of a chameleon to make that work.
    I'm leaning toward that combo for next year (Dissector 2.4F/Rekon2.4 R) for my We are One Insider wheelset. I was riding with DHF 2.5 and Agressor 2.5 this season. I really felt the rolling resistance on the flats compared to MM2.35/NN2.35 on my previous bike. When it was wet (mainly in fall) riding gnarly trails with lots of rock slabs, mud and technical bits I wish I had something different particularly at the back. At some point, my tires were like slicks.

So I might buy some Assegai 2.5 for my Ibis alu wheelset for damp/gnarly riding and Dissector/rekon for general trail riding when conditions are dryer... I read a lot of good things also on Bontrager tires. Anyway I have all winter to think about it!
    2015 Salsa Blackborow 1
    2017 Devinci Hatchet Carbon
    2009 Spec Tricross Sport
    2019 Ibis Ripmo

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There are some interesting videos on youtube from fairly reputable sources comparing the speeds of different width tires of the same tread design. One good one uses Specialized tires available in 3 widths. Their findings say that the wider tires were consistently faster overall. The only caveat were that the thinner casings of 2.6s and 2.8s can have a decent drop in durability vs the 2.4s and 2.5s. I'd like to see some more solid info on the topic.

Personally living and riding only in the mountains, I will not run anything less than a 2.4 and even that's pushing it. I'd say 2.5f/2.4r min for aggressive mountain riding, hitting doubles, etc.
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    I am wondering this also. I am actually on a Ripley V4, but looking to change tires. The NN and HD just aren't durable enough for me.

I am looking for a good all around trail tire that won't slow me down on the climbs but has enough traction for some down hill. How does everyone feel about 2.4" width over the 2.6"? Notice any significant differences?
    Also on ripley4, sold nn and hd right when i got the bike and installed xr4s, as they were my go to tires on hd3. Light 780g, roll nice, grip nice as well. I keep thinking of trying 2.6 tires though. Maxxis rekons 2.6 weigh 780g as well, bit not sure how they compare, keep reading they are more of a xc tires?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I threw an XR3 on the rear and XR4 on the front (both 2.4) of my Ripmo after riding the Maxxis Aggressor and DHF that came on it for a couple months. I couldn't believe how much snappier and faster it felt and my Strava times confirmed it.

I recently put the Maxxis tires back on for winter and again noticed the draggier feel. I think it's more rolling resistance than weight but am sure they both play a part. The XR3 looks like it would struggle with traction but it is surprisingly grippy. I have to be careful to weight the rear wheel on steep, loose climbs but that's about the only drawback. I can get it loose on fast turns but it is predictable and I've never washed out because of lack of grip. I can get the Aggressor sideways too. I'm actually now thinking about running two XR4s for winter instead of the Maxxis tires.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
    Laserjock: Wondering what about the dhf / aggressor combo has you frustrated?
    Yeah, just what others say here: They offer amazing traction, durability and confidence, but have substantial rolling resistance that undoubtably slows down a ride. So, they're actually great tires, IMO, but overkill for my riding style on most of the trail rides near my house.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I will be waiting for Maxxis to get the Dissector back in stock. (I was told December.) I think they sold out the first batch of 29's in about a day.
    It looks like it should roll a little faster than the aggressor (it is 120 g lighter) and have decent cornering.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I wish the XR4 came in 2.5 or 2.6 so I could run a larger XR4 on the front and an XR5 on the rear. I like the transition lugs the XR4 looks to have over the XR5 when used as a front wheel. I don't like front tires with a drifty gap like the DHF. On the rear though, it's fun. I'll probably end up trying a Dissector/Rekon combo of some sort...
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4dr View Post
    I wish the XR4 came in 2.5 or 2.6 so I could run a larger XR4 on the front and an XR5 on the rear. I like the transition lugs the XR4 looks to have over the XR5 when used as a front wheel. I don't like front tires with a drifty gap like the DHF. On the rear though, it's fun. I'll probably end up trying a Dissector/Rekon combo of some sort...
    XR4 does come in 29x2.6, I have a new one in the barn ready to go when the original Hans Dampf wears out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    XR4 does come in 29x2.6, I have a new one in the barn ready to go when the original Hans Dampf wears out.
    I got 29 x 2.6, but it's not listed on the trek website anymore... Not sure I really like it or not. Really liked it at first, then I burped it doing something stupid. Just put it back on and it feels different than I remember and I'm having trouble feeling good on it so I think I'm not getting the pressure right or I damaged it.

Running an SE4 on the back in a 2.4.

I'll say I do like the DHF / DHR2 much better for bigger jumping. The 29 x 2.6 just feels like a marshmallow when landing and I got no faith that I'm not going to burp it again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    Hmm. Their website doesn't show a 29x2.6. They do show a SE4 29x2.6. I'll have to look around for them elsewhere then.
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I've been sorting through setting up my Ripmo with two 29er wheelsets, one lighter and one burlier. Here's where I've landed as far as a suite of tires to mix and match depending on conditions. It's cost ~$170 to get this set of tire options together (factoring in selling one of the stock Assegai).

PNW riding conditions. There are definitely lighter tires options out there, but I'm 205# before gear and, as Joe in AZ noted, the Ripmo wills you to smash over isht regardless of what tires are on it, so some volume is your friend (thanks for the tip brah).

First wheelset, OEM Ibis alloy 35mm inner:

Front tire choices: Assegai 2.5 (1176g); Magic Mary 2.35 (910-930g)
    Rear tire: DHR2 2.4wt (real weight 976g)

Second Wheelset, Light Bicycle Carbon 33mm inner:

Front tire: Forekaster 2.6 (~780g)
    Rear tire: Bontrager XR4 Team 2.4 (real weight 800g)

Also have new 2.6 Ikons on a different bike, but those seem way too XC for the Ripmo.

Will be fun to try these out, been riding everyday!

LMK if you see ways to combine the above tires into workable configurations I haven't considered.
    Last edited by hankj; 11-25-2019 at 10:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'm not sure where you'd put it but a Dissector in that mix would be great. I'm slowly feeling that a mix of Assegai, DHR2, Dissector and XR4/SE4 is what I need.
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    How does the Dissector go in the wet? So darn slimy around here for 8 months of the year, but perfect trails when it dries up ....
    Last edited by hankj; 11-18-2019 at 12:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I don't have one yet so just a suggestion as it looks like a great split between the light and heavy options. I still haven't decided what I want but winter is approaching so I'll have plenty of time to think it over!
    2020 Ripmo AF

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Anyone tried the Michelin Wild Enduros yet?

Ride On!
    My Ripmo came with Nobby Nic/Han Dampf setup. In the past, I have found that the Schwalbe tires don't hold up that well for me. Not sure what Schwalbe did, but the current compound on the NN 2.6 is holding up great. I do most of my riding in Chico on rough lava cap which is chunky and has many sharp edges, so far, about 600 miles on in on the NN in the rear, it is wearing great. The tire still has great traction, rolls fast and comes in at 950 grams. Although the Nobby Nic is expensive, I would definitely consider buying another when it comes time to replace it.

BTW: I run the Assegai on the front, which is heavy and slow rolling. However, it grips the terrain like glue

mtbr member
    Copying from my reply from the Weightweenies forum, mostly a suggestion to use a Rocket Ron as a light but very capable tire.

I am using a Rocket Ron 2.6 on the back of my Ibis HD3 and it works great. Front is Nobby Nic 2.6. The RR has an amazing amount of traction, and it feels faster than a NN 2.35 I used in the back. It is relatively light. On my scale the RR 2.6 is 725 vs the 740 of the NN 2.35, and the 920 of the NN 2.6.

I do use a 2.35 NN/2.25 RR combo together with an ultra-light wheel set if I want a boost uphill. The smaller RR 2.25 works nicely, but you do feel the narrowness if you are on rocky terrain/roots, like probably any other 2.25 would ... it works but the 2.6 RR is more nicely footed, and the bike more balanced with 2.6/2.6.

NB All the tires above are with the new Addix compound

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    How tough are those Schwalbes? Grip is one thing but durability is another. Do they hold up pretty well to sharp rocks and poor line choices?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quick bit of feedback regarding DHR2 2.4 WT EXO 3C Terra VS Bontrager XR4 2.4

The DHR2 weighs 976g on my scale, the XR4 800g - significant weight difference.

I have a couple of rides on both.

Both grip very nicely as rear tires, the DHR2 a little better (PNW tacky loam to muddy conditions), but XR4 very good too.

It's been my experience though that the heavier DHR2 rolls faster. The XR4 has palpably a bit more drag, the harder the surface the more I notice it. The XR4 also seems to deform a bit more at a given tire pressure.

So the XR4 is 6 ounces lighter. You can feel this difference just a little in getting the tire moving. But it also to me seems a little more draggy - it loses momentum quicker and takes just a bit more power to keep at a constant clip.

My upshot is the XR4 as a rear tire is going to make my Ripmo lighter on the scale, but not faster on the trail than a DHR2. And the DHR2 is going to grip a little better too. I still like the XR4 on my Ripmo, and will definitely use it when I'm setting up for ultimate lightness on the bike as a whole (ie with my lighter wheels and a light front tire when I want my XL Ripmo to be around 29# and as lively and flickable as possible).

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Also update on the stock Assegai in front. Heavy! But still love it. I've swapped bikes with a couple of riders running DHF's in front, and, totally unprompted and not made aware of the Assegai, both not only said the Ripmo was sick fun but "dude that front tire is great, so much grip." I'm still a little concerned about the Assegai's overall competence on slimy wood and rocks (it will be interesting to compare this aspect to the North Shore darling Magic Mary when that arrives), but everything else it cuts into like you dropped a circular saw. So definitely heavy, but I really like it for chatting pace up the mountain for a couple of hours, bomb down for 45 minutes type of rides.

Just a flesh wound
    I have a bit over 1,000 miles on my Ripmo. The DHF still looks like it's ready for another 1,000 miles but the Aggressor looks a bit worn. The DHF and Aggressor tires are not light, but if I can stay within the range and get something extra it would be worth considering. To that end I am very interested in the new Vittoria Agarro. In a 2.6 it is lighter than both of my existing tires and if memory serves it probably rolls really well. (thinking about the Morsa which was fast). Any real world experience?
    My name is Chris and I ride a Ripmo now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just shredded the sidewall on the original Agressor last week. It was still going strong after 17 months of abuse. Replaced it with the Vittoria Agrarro in 2.6 width and like it so far. It's lighter than the Agressor and it rolls so much better. The sidewalls seem to add a little bit of cushion but don't feel bouncy. Only about 20 miles on them so far but I'm impressed. They roll great, much less draggy than the Agressor and it was worn in well but also corner, break and tech climb with great traction. I've never run a Vittoria tire before but I'm impressed so far.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Pretty decent price on Amazon on the Vittoria... $52 for the 2.35

Edit: Vittoria website has 25% off deal for Black Friday

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I just keep waiting for Maxxis to get the Dissector in stock for more than 2 minutes with the Exo casing. No one I ride with buys an Ardent (non-race) or High Roller unless they are 50% off. Get with it Maxxis! Clean up the assortment. 26 inch Crossmarks can't be big sellers.
    My Aggressor is finally beginning to give out after 800 miles and the EXO casing Dissector is only 861 grams. The 2.5 Aggressor is listed at 980 g. Really want to try it out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmer View Post
    I just keep waiting for Maxxis to get the Dissector in stock for more than 2 minutes with the Exo casing. No one I ride with buys an Ardent (non-race) or High Roller unless they are 50% off. Get with it Maxxis! Clean up the assortment. 26 inch Crossmarks can't be big sellers.
    My Aggressor is finally beginning to give out after 800 miles and the EXO casing Dissector is only 861 grams. The 2.5 Aggressor is listed at 980 g. Really want to try it out.

I want to grab a Dissector also but thinking I might just wait a bit to see if it comes in Exo+ soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Great Cyber Monday deal on Bontrager XR4 and others. $47.99

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/e...olorCode=black

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm on a Ripmo with I9 Enduro 305 rims, weigh 165, and started off running 2.6 DHF front and 2.6 Rekon rear (both exo). Running the Rekon around 18-19 psi tubeless, and got 2 flats in about a month. Switched to 2.5 Aggressor (also Exo); same psi, no flats in about 6 months. YMMV.