Ripmo: Goodridge hose in internal brake cable routing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ripmo: Goodridge hose in internal brake cable routing

I'm considering a Ripmo, and if I get one I'll move my Trickstuff Direttissima brakes over. The Ripmo is longer than my current bike, and since I'll need new brake hoses I could get a Goodridge upgrade at the same time https://www.trickstuff-shop.de/epage.../Products/BLGD

I think the diameter of Goodridge hoses is slightly larger than standard hoses. Has anyone tried running these on Ibis internal routing?

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Hi, I had to decide between getting regular or steel housing when I was getting new Hope brakes, but I decided to play it safe and get their standard 5 mm hose.

I did a quick, informal check on my Ripley 4 with some electrical tape and my cheap digital calipers.

I didn't have a problem inserting my taped brake line, diameter around 6.6 mm, 4-5 inches into the internal routing before I ran out of slack.

I wasn't able to get thicker than this when I tried due to the tape slipping from the friction against the internal routing.

mtbr member
    Thanks! Turned out an upgrade to Goodridge, including fittings, shipping, local VAT and customs would be very expensive. Ordered two standard "beta kevlar" hoses for about 10 instead.