Ripmo Fox X2 and Grip2 tuning thread. DPX2 and Fit4 settings welcome too. - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    I cant believe how difference the bike feels know, i have about 2 months with the "recommended settings from fox due the fork psi (97), i was at this setup:

LSR_______________2
    HSR_______________1
    LSC_______________7
    HSC_______________10

The main difference were the rebonds setting, its night and day, my arms dont hurt too much anymore and it feels more flow on the pump sections and really nice on rocky terrains.

Name : RegioBike
    Frame size - L
    Rider weight ready to ride - 220lb
    Rider style - Aggressive, rocky/root terrains

Fork 2019 Fox 36 grip2 44mm offset 170mm
    Air Pressure________97 psi
    Volume Spacers_____NA
    Sag_______________27% Dynamic
    LSR_______________7
    HSR_______________3
    LSC_______________7
    HSC_______________12

DHX2 to be check
    SC Hightower LT, SC Tallboy 3(sold), Scott Genius, Commencal Meta HT

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    After having entered my info, I can't help but think it would be great to have a spreadsheet where we could look across and see all the info to compare.

That said, my life is crazy busy. It took me two months to upload my info. So I don't see me doing it.

I'm riding my 19 X2 for the first time today. Looking forward to seeing if I notice a difference. (18 will likely go up for sale)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I have a cheat sheet will all the setting and every bolt spec. I'll post up the link later.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedrd View Post
    After having entered my info, I can't help but think it would be great to have a spreadsheet where we could look across and see all the info to compare.

That said, my life is crazy busy. It took me two months to upload my info. So I don't see me doing it.

I'm riding my 19 X2 for the first time today. Looking forward to seeing if I notice a difference. (18 will likely go up for sale)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not filled it in, but how's this for a start?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    #bleedblackdieevil

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

I'll update this link and feel free to print it out. I have it taped to the wall next to my bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thats a nice sheet.
    I have something similar I've made for my hd4 and sb130. I took a picture of the bike and wrote specs for each bolt and have an arrow pointing to the part. I can't even remember my tire pressures without writing them down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Here is a good start. Every line is a new record. So then we can compare easily. Having the fields at the top helps make it easy and clean. I might add drop down lists to make filling data faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand80 View Post
    Here is a good start. Every line is a new record. So then we can compare easily. Having the fields at the top helps make it easy and clean. I might add drop down lists to make filling data faster.

Nice work. Can I link it in my first post?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    Nice work. Can I link it in my first post?
    Absolutely

Did a fork service since we have been getting tons of rain. Swapped over to Push seals and fresh fluid. I tested the stock seals vs the push ones and they where very close in stiction. I think the Push ones will wear in and be smoother overall. I also independently cycled the bushings, damper and air spring. The air spring was a bit sticky after 30ish hours, so I added a few drops of Gold fluid and it was back to supper smooth. Worth popping the top cap every month or so and adding some gold to keep it running extra smooth.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    That gold fluid is just to keep the foam rings oiled?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    That gold fluid is just to keep the foam rings oiled?

Fox Gold is used in the lower legs on fit dampers forks and used on the foam rings. The grip damper sides uses fox teflon infused which is not as slick, but a better damper oil.

Slickoleum is used in the air spring, but is thick and can get displaced. Adding a couple drops of Fox gold to the slickoleum in the air spring thins it back out and helps it move to the air head. This is a great way to keep the fork at top performance between services.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Just picked up a Ripmo that has a 2019 X2 on it. When you set your sag where do you have the HSC, LSC, HSR, and LSR at? All full open? Does it matter? And do you set sag in attack position or seated riding position?

I weigh about 175lb RTR and with mine at what appears to be 195psi I have a ton of sag when seated but the shock actually feels pretty harsh to me compared to my Devinci Troy. The guy I bought it from is only a 10 or 15 pounds heavier than me and he said there are 3 spacers in it, which seems about right I think. If I set less sag when seated I would think it would feel super stiff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Ripmo Fox X2 and Grip2 tuning thread. DPX2 and Fit4 settings welcome too.

Having a difficult time getting X2 tuned. First, are you all measuring sag or using the dynamic from shock wiz? I havenít measured but the dynamic sag is 39%. Im 185 but thatís not ready to ride. My air pressure is 207 (SW seems to like that) and have 3 volume spacers. Both LSC and HSC are all the way open. This is best tune Iíve had so far.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a break in period? Iím just 100 miles in on this bike/shock. Have MRP ribbon coil in front with soft spring and that feels better than medium it came with.

SISSIF
    Sounds close for pressure, I'm similar wt and pressure. May have some packing if it's asking to speed up rebound. I have 4 bands on an '18 X2 and run about 33-35% dynamic sag. Sag can be off one way or another if your segment has more up or downhill on balance. Reads high uphill and low downhill.
    I had a Ribbon coil and the soft spring would be light. Running the next spring up can support the front and balance the rear better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    thanks! iíll speed up both rebounds. wondering if i should try 4 bands being similar weight and given larger volume in 2019 X2? Or, am I confused-does increase in spacers make sag greater?

Quote Originally Posted by Tronner View Post
    Just picked up a Ripmo that has a 2019 X2 on it. When you set your sag where do you have the HSC, LSC, HSR, and LSR at? All full open? Does it matter? And do you set sag in attack position or seated riding position?

I weigh about 175lb RTR and with mine at what appears to be 195psi I have a ton of sag when seated but the shock actually feels pretty harsh to me compared to my Devinci Troy. The guy I bought it from is only a 10 or 15 pounds heavier than me and he said there are 3 spacers in it, which seems about right I think. If I set less sag when seated I would think it would feel super stiff.
    Compression and rebound can mess with dynamic sag, but if you softly bounce the suspension they should have no effect on your sag measurement.

195-200psi seems about right. 3 spacers is the minimum I would run. 3 to 4 for your weight is the sweet spot.

Seated sag is useless, in fact trying to hit a specific sag number in riding position is hard to repeat.

Tune air pressure for bottom out. If you are using the right amount of travel for the trail you are on then look at the sag you have. Add spacers and reduce PSI if you want more sag/plush feel.

Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Having a difficult time getting X2 tuned. First, are you all measuring sag or using the dynamic from shock wiz? I havenít measured but the dynamic sag is 39%. Im 185 but thatís not ready to ride. My air pressure is 207 (SW seems to like that) and have 3 volume spacers. Both LSC and HSC are all the way open. This is best tune Iíve had so far.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a break in period? Iím just 100 miles in on this bike/shock. Have MRP ribbon coil in front with soft spring and that feels better than medium it came with.
    You and I are the exact same weight. Try my settings on the first page. LSC should be full open or 1 click from that.

3 spacers should be fine and 207psi is spot on for your weight. If you need more bottom out then add spacers before PSI. If you have a soft spring in your fork the shock is supporting less weight during a hard compression. Are you using all of your rear travel?

Shocks don't really have a break in like forks do.

Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    thanks! iíll speed up both rebounds. wondering if i should try 4 bands being similar weight and given larger volume in 2019 X2? Or, am I confused-does increase in spacers make sag greater?
    More spacers = more bottom out and a very small bump in spring rate at sag. Usually you lower your PSI with more spacers so you end up with more sag.

2019 X2 have a relatively large negative air spring that dominates the first 25% of travel. Increasing PSI 10-20 will not change your sag much, but will make the rear very harsh.

What CR are you using with 3 spacers?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Ripmo Fox X2 and Grip2 tuning thread. DPX2 and Fit4 settings welcome too.

[QUOTE=alexbn921;14021704]You and I are the exact same weight. Try my settings on the first page. LSC should be full open or 1 click from that./QUOTE]

Yes, I started with your settings. Thanks for those btw. LSC is full open for reasons u describe.

[QUOTE=alexbn921;14021704]3 spacers should be fine and 207psi is spot on for your weight. If you need more bottom out then add spacers before PSI. If you have a soft spring in your fork the shock is supporting less weight during a hard compression. Are you using all of your rear travel?/QUOTE]

I added 4th spacer to try. Improved sag to 28% in attack position. Will get SW data from ride and report back. I forgot to mention. Size XL, 6í2Ē, advanced intermediate rider with some signs of aggressiveness, on aggressive terrain - rocks, ledges, drops, ledges, rocks-

Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    Shocks don't really have a break in like forks do.

More spacers = more bottom out and a very small bump in spring rate at sag. Usually you lower your PSI with more spacers so you end up with more sag.

2019 X2 have a relatively large negative air spring that dominates the first 25% of travel. Increasing PSI 10-20 will not change your sag much, but will make the rear very harsh.

What CR are you using with 3 spacers?
    I measured 2.8 with 3 spacers via Shock Wiz and 3.1 with 4. Do you measure or input manually? Does it matter?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Well, the 4th spacer seems to have been the ticket. Score is highest Iíve had at 92. Both compressions all the way open so I donít think I can improve that. Iím pretty happy with how it performed today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12