Ripmo - Anyone running a OneUp Dropper Post V2- Mtbr.com
    Ride On!

Ripmo - Anyone running a OneUp Dropper Post V2

I like the bike-yoke 160mm that came with my Ripmo. Wanted to get the 185mm, but forgot to specify it Anyway, I was looking around and seeing what else is out there and came across the OneUp Dropper Post V2 210mm, from the specs it looks like it will fit without a problem. Just curious what others experiences with them might be?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I haven't run one myself, so can't comment on durablity directly compared to the Bike Yoke 180mm, but I've got friends who run them on other bikes and they're still going well.

Compared to the BikeYoke, they don't feel quite as smooth on the drop or return, and the lever action isn't quite as nice. A bit more play compared to the BikeYoke also. The shimming won't be a concern on a Ripmo, as you've got plenty of room, but it was handy for one of my mates when he was a touch too short.

Thing is, the OneUps are about half the price of the BikeYoke, so it's hard to go wrong if you're on a budget.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I have a 210 on a large ripmo AF. Love it. Agree not as smooth as some posts, but super short and 210mm travel means it really has no competition for me.

What is your question though? If you buy the appropriate diameter, of course it "fits". I don't understand. Do you mean is there enough seat tube length to slam the dropper down to the collar? If so, no - not quite. The actuator ends up at the cable port. But you can get within 10-20mm of slamming it. I have a 32 inch inseam on a large frame and I still have about 50mm of post showing. So it can accomodate pretty short legs.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I've run a couple OneUps on other bikes. They've both worked great for me, particularly when paired with a Wolftooth lever.

I guess I'm not that particular about the "feel" of a dropper, as long as it continues to go up and down when I press the lever.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    210mm on Rip AF. Plenty of insertion depth available on the frame if that's what you're asking.

Also own a fox transfer on another bike. It's operation is smoother as others have said, but the one up is fine. 210mm at half the price, shorter insertion depth, can adjust dropper speed with a shock pump, replaceable cartridge, can shim to perfect height etc... Seems like a winner to me.

Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmj831 View Post
    210mm on Rip AF. Plenty of insertion depth available on the frame if that's what you're asking.

Also own a fox transfer on another bike. It's operation is smoother as others have said, but the one up is fine. 210mm at half the price, shorter insertion depth, can adjust dropper speed with a shock pump, replaceable cartridge, can shim to perfect height etc... Seems like a winner to me.
    Cool, my main concern is with the insertion depth. Agreed, 210 mm is well worth a bit of smoothness, which I am not too sure my ass would really care about as long as it is not going OTB

Anyone know if the Bike Yoke actuator works with it ?
    Last edited by NorCalTaz; 10-05-2019 at 05:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideOf50 View Post
    Cool, my main concern is with the insertion depth. Agreed, 210 mm is well worth a bit of smoothness, which I am not too sure my ass would really care about as long as it is not going OTB

Anyone know if the Bike Yoke actuator works with it ?
    The BikeYoke lever won't work, as the BikeYoke terminates the cable at the post end, whereas the OneUp terminates the cable at the lever end.

Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    The BikeYoke lever won't work, as the BikeYoke terminates the cable at the post end, whereas the OneUp terminates the cable at the lever end.
    Thanks for the info! I tried out dropping my current 160mm to simulate both a 185mm & 210mm. I was surprised to find that the post dropped at the 210mm level was too low for me. Felt like my knees were too low on the bottom end, the 185MM depth felt like a good fit. Right now I am still leaning towards the OneUp as I can set it to a more custom fit.

Ride On!
    Pulled the trigger on the OneUp 210 mm, as others mentioned, not as smooth as the Bikeyoke, but it is the first time my ass has hit my back tire

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Isn't the Bike Yoke lever like the Wolf Tooth or PNW that works either way? I thought so.

Sometimes cut and crimped both ends...

Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedrd View Post
    Isn't the Bike Yoke lever like the Wolf Tooth or PNW that works either way? I thought so.

Sometimes cut and crimped both ends...
    The BikeYoke remote worked fine, there is a set screw that holds the cable, just need to cap off the end. Not sure why, but my remote did not come with he set screw which is a M4 X 3mm, got mine at Lowes. I most likely will be getting the Wolftooth to clean up the cockpit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ah, well there you go, good to know it does work both ways - I guess I hadn't looked close enough at my lever!

Ride On!

One Month Review

Been riding a OneUp Dropper V2 now for about a month. Found it very easy to install and setup. Only thing that bothered me is that the action was not as smooth as I like. Followed some advice on another thread about taking it apart and lubing it with Slickoleum, just went out for my first ride and it is now buttery smooth, dang near as smooth as the BikeYoke dropper it replaced (wanted more travel).

Instructions on how to do it can be found here:"https://vimeo.com/348913657" (not sure why it did not embed)
    The video is for the V1 dropper, but everything is the same except that there is not the o-ring in the actuator. If you have a OneUp Dropper, it is highly recommended to do this!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk