Ripmo AF?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ripmo AF?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    301

    Ripmo AF?

    Hi all,

    I'm debating a Ripmo AF over another Ripley. Those of you who have a Ripmo AF, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on your experience with it so far? Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    38
    I don't have the AF so I can't comment on it.

    However there is a dedicated Ripmo AF thread with a ton of posts on the bike. I'd take a look through it.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by norbyd View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm debating a Ripmo AF over another Ripley. Those of you who have a Ripmo AF, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on your experience with it so far? Thanks!
    That seems an odd couple of choices. Why not just a Ripmo?
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    That seems an odd couple of choices. Why not just a Ripmo?
    I've been riding a V1 Ripley for years and absolutely love it, but I recently cracked the frame - it's getting fixed. Hence, I been pondering an N+1 ( my V1 as my backup bike) or get the new Ripley which is very polished.

    If I found a good deal on the Ripmo, I'd probably get one. However, the AF has been receiving great reviews and could get one with an SLX build if I like it. Carbon is better, I know, but for a weekend shredder as myself, the AF should be just fine.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    599
    Yeah, lots of info in the main AF thread. I say, just get a carbon Ripmo and have 1 bike. A 2020 Hightower or Offering would do the same. Personally if I had 2 bikes, a 2020 Ripley for the trail bike and a 2020 Specialized Enduro, SB150 or Megatower would be a more capable combo and give you a real enduro sled. The AF is more of a mini enduro compared to those.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4dr View Post
    Yeah, lots of info in the main AF thread. I say, just get a carbon Ripmo and have 1 bike. A 2020 Hightower or Offering would do the same. Personally if I had 2 bikes, a 2020 Ripley for the trail bike and a 2020 Specialized Enduro, SB150 or Megatower would be a more capable combo and give you a real enduro sled. The AF is more of a mini enduro compared to those.
    I'm more of a Trail rider, I suppose that's why I really love the Ripley. However, after demo'ing the Ripmo I realize how popular it is: It's the most stable bike I've ever ridden! I could use the added stability. I need to demo it again to be sure.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    109
    Iím considering a new Ripmo too - but Iím waiting on the Ripmo V2 which should be released sometime this year.

Similar Threads

  1. Ripmo AF Thread
    By Velorangutan in forum Ibis
    Replies: 3648
    Last Post: 3 Hours Ago, 11:14 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2020, 09:46 PM
  3. https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/ripmo-af
    By MTBMILES in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2019, 09:40 AM
  4. Ibis Ripmo AF
    By Joshua Pattersnap in forum Ibis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2019, 09:00 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Members who have read this thread: 18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.