Ripmo AF?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ripmo AF?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Ripmo AF?

Hi all,

I'm debating a Ripmo AF over another Ripley. Those of you who have a Ripmo AF, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on your experience with it so far? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I don't have the AF so I can't comment on it.

However there is a dedicated Ripmo AF thread with a ton of posts on the bike. I'd take a look through it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by norbyd View Post
    Hi all,

I'm debating a Ripmo AF over another Ripley. Those of you who have a Ripmo AF, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on your experience with it so far? Thanks!
    That seems an odd couple of choices. Why not just a Ripmo?
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    That seems an odd couple of choices. Why not just a Ripmo?
    I've been riding a V1 Ripley for years and absolutely love it, but I recently cracked the frame - it's getting fixed. Hence, I been pondering an N+1 ( my V1 as my backup bike) or get the new Ripley which is very polished.

If I found a good deal on the Ripmo, I'd probably get one. However, the AF has been receiving great reviews and could get one with an SLX build if I like it. Carbon is better, I know, but for a weekend shredder as myself, the AF should be just fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Yeah, lots of info in the main AF thread. I say, just get a carbon Ripmo and have 1 bike. A 2020 Hightower or Offering would do the same. Personally if I had 2 bikes, a 2020 Ripley for the trail bike and a 2020 Specialized Enduro, SB150 or Megatower would be a more capable combo and give you a real enduro sled. The AF is more of a mini enduro compared to those.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4dr View Post
    Yeah, lots of info in the main AF thread. I say, just get a carbon Ripmo and have 1 bike. A 2020 Hightower or Offering would do the same. Personally if I had 2 bikes, a 2020 Ripley for the trail bike and a 2020 Specialized Enduro, SB150 or Megatower would be a more capable combo and give you a real enduro sled. The AF is more of a mini enduro compared to those.
    I'm more of a Trail rider, I suppose that's why I really love the Ripley. However, after demo'ing the Ripmo I realize how popular it is: It's the most stable bike I've ever ridden! I could use the added stability. I need to demo it again to be sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Iím considering a new Ripmo too - but Iím waiting on the Ripmo V2 which should be released sometime this year.