Ripmo AF?

Printable View

  • 01-20-2020
    norbyd
    Ripmo AF?
    Hi all,

    I'm debating a Ripmo AF over another Ripley. Those of you who have a Ripmo AF, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on your experience with it so far? Thanks! :thumbsup:
  • 01-20-2020
    Rich5285
    I don't have the AF so I can't comment on it.

    However there is a dedicated Ripmo AF thread with a ton of posts on the bike. I'd take a look through it. :)

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
  • 01-20-2020
    BmanInTheD
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by norbyd View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm debating a Ripmo AF over another Ripley. Those of you who have a Ripmo AF, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on your experience with it so far? Thanks! :thumbsup:

    That seems an odd couple of choices. Why not just a Ripmo?
  • 01-20-2020
    norbyd
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    That seems an odd couple of choices. Why not just a Ripmo?

    I've been riding a V1 Ripley for years and absolutely love it, but I recently cracked the frame - it's getting fixed. Hence, I been pondering an N+1 ( my V1 as my backup bike) or get the new Ripley which is very polished.

    If I found a good deal on the Ripmo, I'd probably get one. However, the AF has been receiving great reviews and could get one with an SLX build if I like it. Carbon is better, I know, but for a weekend shredder as myself, the AF should be just fine.
  • 01-20-2020
    sfr4dr
    Yeah, lots of info in the main AF thread. I say, just get a carbon Ripmo and have 1 bike. A 2020 Hightower or Offering would do the same. Personally if I had 2 bikes, a 2020 Ripley for the trail bike and a 2020 Specialized Enduro, SB150 or Megatower would be a more capable combo and give you a real enduro sled. The AF is more of a mini enduro compared to those.
  • 01-20-2020
    norbyd
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sfr4dr View Post
    Yeah, lots of info in the main AF thread. I say, just get a carbon Ripmo and have 1 bike. A 2020 Hightower or Offering would do the same. Personally if I had 2 bikes, a 2020 Ripley for the trail bike and a 2020 Specialized Enduro, SB150 or Megatower would be a more capable combo and give you a real enduro sled. The AF is more of a mini enduro compared to those.

    I'm more of a Trail rider, I suppose that's why I really love the Ripley. However, after demo'ing the Ripmo I realize how popular it is: It's the most stable bike I've ever ridden! I could use the added stability. I need to demo it again to be sure.
  • 01-25-2020
    slsl123
    Iím considering a new Ripmo too - but Iím waiting on the Ripmo V2 which should be released sometime this year.